Author Topic: Breaking tables suggestion  (Read 2553 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Breaking tables suggestion
« on: March 13, 2011, 04:09:36 PM »
When players are eliminated and the table movements screen pops up to announce seat movements. Would it be possible to get TD to flash up a message, when a table is breaking up. Something like " Table 5 is Breaking"

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Breaking tables suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 06:38:49 PM »
When players are eliminated and the table movements screen pops up to announce seat movements. Would it be possible to get TD to flash up a message, when a table is breaking up. Something like " Table 5 is Breaking"

Or something that we would be able to configure the message for would even be nice... very nice
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »
so do you use the movement suggestions when running tourneys?  I'm interested as I only use TD for the inital seating draw and redraws for final table, all the rest is done manually to keep it as fair as possible by moving the next big blind. When running bigger tourneys with more than 6 tables I use the 'bust anyone'method so TD is only keeping a track of the amount of active players and tables, and then the names are put back in before the bubble or a redraw needs to be done.

I've thought about using TD for balancing and consolidation, but for big tourneys it just ends up a mess! with players not being eliminated so seats not available on the computer etc.

Stu
Stuart Murray

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 08:02:11 PM »
so do you use the movement suggestions when running tourneys?  I'm interested as I only use TD for the inital seating draw and redraws for final table, all the rest is done manually to keep it as fair as possible by moving the next big blind. When running bigger tourneys with more than 6 tables I use the 'bust anyone'method so TD is only keeping a track of the amount of active players and tables, and then the names are put back in before the bubble or a redraw needs to be done.

I've thought about using TD for balancing and consolidation, but for big tourneys it just ends up a mess! with players not being eliminated so seats not available on the computer etc.

Stu

As far as player movement goes, I find out what the table needs and pull the appropriate player from the table it suggests to pull from, and manually move the player. In our league, we usually have 3 or 4 tables, but we always break down table 4 first and 3 second by use of the suggested movement screen.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 04:44:18 AM »

Stu

yeah use it all the time , that way the tournament decides the seat movements.
At the start I always tell players  that the tournament decides the movements. They cant argue then. Its fair to all as everyone is subject to the same possible movements.

The only time that i move players into the big blinds is nearing or in the money. Then I move them manually and try and place the big blinds into the appropiate seats.

The reason why i would like the ability to see a "Table breaking" display is that many times when the "movements suggests" appears your in such a rush to get the moves done that I shout out the names and the tables that players are moving too. A shout of "table 2 breaking" would let the players know of the impending break and finish off the current hand and get players who are not in hands moving tables quicker. 

Done it before where i told the first 2 players of a move. Its amazing when 1 minute later they come across and say "where am i moving to again" (despite a big screen display showing the movements) then they and I have to check again.

By the time i get to tell the rest of the players at the table they have inevitably started a new hand.  Then the new table, that is waiting for the new players is playing short handed and complaining about the missing players.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »

yeah use it all the time , that way the tournament decides the seat movements.
At the start I always tell players  that the tournament decides the movements. They cant argue then. Its fair to all as everyone is subject to the same possible movements.

The only time that i move players into the big blinds is nearing or in the money. Then I move them manually and try and place the big blinds into the appropiate seats.

The reason why i would like the ability to see a "Table breaking" display is that many times when the "movements suggests" appears your in such a rush to get the moves done that I shout out the names and the tables that players are moving too. A shout of "table 2 breaking" would let the players know of the impending break and finish off the current hand and get players who are not in hands moving tables quicker. 

Done it before where i told the first 2 players of a move. Its amazing when 1 minute later they come across and say "where am i moving to again" (despite a big screen display showing the movements) then they and I have to check again.

By the time i get to tell the rest of the players at the table they have inevitably started a new hand.  Then the new table, that is waiting for the new players is playing short handed and complaining about the missing players.

Pretty similar to what I do too - I usually only have to rush for one table to tell, as I'm sitting close enough to the other two to let them know right away. My dealers also know that if they see any red screen pop up at any time, that they need to stop dealing after that hand.
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »

I'll look into this.  It's not as simple as it sounds, because of the way the movement algorithm works.  Obviously there are times when the software decides fewer tables are needed, and thus a table is eliminated, but this is only one of several possibilities.  Might be something I can add to the variables that are available for Events and their messages, so you could create an event that displays a specific message when a table is breaking.  And/or maybe I can categorize the various scenarios and come up with some summary messages, and they could be added to the top of the Player Movement dialog and the Player Movement page.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 03:45:15 PM »

cheers Corey

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:09:18 PM »

I'll look into this.  It's not as simple as it sounds, because of the way the movement algorithm works.  Obviously there are times when the software decides fewer tables are needed, and thus a table is eliminated, but this is only one of several possibilities.  Might be something I can add to the variables that are available for Events and their messages, so you could create an event that displays a specific message when a table is breaking.  And/or maybe I can categorize the various scenarios and come up with some summary messages, and they could be added to the top of the Player Movement dialog and the Player Movement page.

If push came to shove, how hard would it to implement an event to fire for when a table breaks?
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 10:33:31 AM »
An event can already fire when a table suggestion is made.  But the software does not distinguish between different types of suggestions, which is what this would require.