Author Topic: Seating Chart Question  (Read 5020 times)

Viper

• View Profile
Seating Chart Question
« on: November 22, 2010, 10:06:20 PM »
Does TD of an image already installed of a table that shows the players seated. When I first started using TD and I click on seat chart I saw a very small image of a table, but I am looking for a much large image that I see on TD's website.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Seating Chart Question
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:12:41 PM »
Viper, yes, TD does have an assortment of pics that you can use for the tables. They're in the <data store>\data\images where <data store> refers to the path where TD was installed to (something like C:\users\Mike\The Tournament Director 2\  for example). I personally use either the small racetrack, or medium racetrack - can't remember which one I put in there. But there is a large racetrack style there too. do you know how to get it to show on the screen?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:35:47 PM »
Viper, yes, TD does have an assortment of pics that you can use for the tables. They're in the <data store>\data\images where <data store> refers to the path where TD was installed to (something like C:\users\Mike\The Tournament Director 2\  for example). I personally use either the small racetrack, or medium racetrack - can't remember which one I put in there. But there is a large racetrack style there too. do you know how to get it to show on the screen?

No... I have been seaching the help files but its such a huge file and how its label is hard to locate...

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 11:53:24 PM »
Seating Chart tab or button, right click, click seating chart property, click edit table image, click add then click browse they should be there you must have tables set up first at least 1 table or the won't show on the screen
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:23:43 AM by TIMMER »

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:22:06 AM »
Seating Chart tab or button, right click, click seating chart property, click edit table image, click add then click browse they should be there you must have tables set up first at least 1 table or the won't show on the screen

Maybe I missed something. Here is what I got when I clicked on seat chart from the toolbox. I have a table with asigned players. I do not see where click seating chart property or edit table image is located. Sorry I am new to TD...

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »
On the layout tab, in the Screen Controls tab, Click on properties. that will bring up the Screen Properties Dialogue box. Under Built in screens, you can select the seating chart. From there, click on Edit Table Images, under the format section. From there, you can enter in the path to the image you want to use. If it's a background image you're looking to do, then click on the area inside the box in the background area, instead of clicking on edit table images. I believe that with the table images, you can have different images showing to replicate what your tables actually look like at your event, but I've not tried to do that yet.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 11:41:04 AM »
try this,    
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:45:20 PM by TIMMER »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »
Wow... someone thinks their way is WAY better.... no need to go undermining me... while both ways work, timmer, there's no need whatsoever to say to do it your way and not mine. What if he DOES want to do the background and not the image??

Does it really matter HOW he gets there as long as he can, Timmer?
---

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 12:17:26 PM »
wow i wasn't trying but you wrote the same thing that i wrote,  lol hugs & kisses

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 01:14:20 PM »
Thanks to the both of you... Now when I first loaded TD on my computer and I click on seating chart after I had players seated I saw the small table with the names on the table with the square box with the names. In this screen shot I took of the table image and added the names. I am sure there must be a way that the software adds the names...

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »
when you buy them in they should show up on the tables after you seat them    and the box table image should go away and just show table(s)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:18:25 PM by TIMMER »

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 02:04:28 PM »
when you buy them in they should show up on the tables after you seat them     Tables needed is  ( Number of columns ) to the left of Edit Table Images add 1 for 1 table  2 for 2 tables and so on    and the box table image should go away and just show table(s)

I unseated everyone and did a new rebuy for everyone but the names do not show up on the table just in the box...

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 02:08:27 PM »
Buy them in and click seat player's they should show up on the table(s)   you must click apply at the Edit Tables
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:30:01 PM by TIMMER »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »
If you want it to show "John Doe" instead of "John" you would have to have the preference set to first name last name
---

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 02:53:30 PM »
No such luck. I delete the table and all players. I selected a new table, bought the players in and seated the players to the table. When I click on the seating chart I get the box listing the players and a blank poker table below the box...