Author Topic: out to a TV  (Read 3315 times)

Bioniclad

• View Profile
out to a TV
« on: February 20, 2006, 08:23:55 PM »
Ok here is what a would like to do. My computer is not in the same room as the table and of course it can't be seen. What do I need to do to send the screen to a TV screen that is nearby. I know it can be done just not sure how. I don't think it is as simple as new video card with TV out? is it? Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: out to a TV
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 08:45:16 PM »
You could get a video card that supports TV out, but you'd have to run an S-video cable from the PC to the TV.  I don't know how long a cable you'd need to get, and I don't know if there are limits to the length of a video cable before you get signal degradation.  And you'd need to do the same with the audio if you wanted sound.  There are wireless solutions too, that don't require you to upgrade the video card.  These seem to be more expensive.  A quick google of "wireless computer to TV" gives several, in the $100 to $200 range.

Bioniclad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 08:53:09 PM »
we can hear it just not see it so sound isn't a real problem. However my small TV has no S-video on it my big one does. so I'm hoping to do it with coax cable. Thanks for the info I'll go google it.

ScottBroker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 01:54:04 PM »
I have alway run the TD to a 32 inch set.  My lap top has an svideo output.  If you do not have one, you can get a new card for around $20 with svideo.  I use a 50 foot cable, and it works fine.

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 10:39:33 PM »
I've done display to a big screen by Svideo and by RCA (the standard yellow VCR connector) output.  It is as simple as getting a video card that supports it, and you shouldn't see ghosting with anything less than about 30 feet of RCA cable. 

GPTSki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 10:58:01 PM »
This might be over the top but....

I have an S-Video out to my TV from my laptop.  I run VNC Server on my laptop and keep it near the TV but almost closed (So it doesnt hibernate)

I then go to my main PC to VNC into my laptop to actually control it.  I have a wireless network.

I find it's clumsy to be working the laptop w/the cable and easier to use my PC.

Alternatively, I've connected my wireless keyboard and mouse to my laptop and then I'll just plop the keyboard and mouse up on the game table to make a quick change.

surfnturf1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 10:45:47 PM »
I run a tourney with the TD on my laptop and have fed it to 5 tv's throughout my house.  This was done with about 250 feet of cable a lot of connectors and a converter box.  I have a very apted friend who actually set up the whole thing.  We also plugged in a satalite radio for music throughout the tourney.  Cool set up, but takes a lot of time.  I would suggest doing this for the larger games that you might host.  We do not do this set up unless we have 4 or more tables set up.  But to answer your questions .... you can send the signal to as many tv's as you want .... just as long as you have a strong enough signal to each tv.