Author Topic: Chris "Jesus" Ferguson  (Read 4581 times)

Phaze

• View Profile
Chris "Jesus" Ferguson
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:45:42 AM »
I just started playing again at Full Tilt poker and there are lots of celebrities that play there, and I ran across this one that I thought was really cool, and wanted to share.

Basically Chris Ferguson has set a challenge for himself to see if you can start with nothing and make something of it. So, with only a full tilt account, he played freerolls until he made a couple dollars and then utilizing smart bankroll management he has almost reached his goal: $10,000. When he does reach his goal he said he will donate it all to charity. Pretty cool scenario, eh... read about it here: http://w.fulltiltpoker.com/chris-ferguson-challenge

BTW, I hope this post is not interpreted as spam, I don't endorse any kind poker sites. If you are really against it then you can get the gist of the challenge on this wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ferguson

skelly82

• Shark-stats admin
    • View Profile
    • Shark Stats
Re: Chris "Jesus" Ferguson
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 03:16:43 AM »
I think this is a great idea, the amount of players I know who will go and lose thier full bankroll and re-deposiit. Then put it down to bad luck, bad managment I think.

Good luck to him. 

Anyone want to give this a go and I will track the details on my site for everyone?
Shark-stats.co.uk online poker league management - no programming needed just great stats everytime

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 03:12:41 AM »
I am doing this Jesus challenge.

Started of on a site that gave me $5 free.
played on the $0.25 10 seater stt and built up a bank roll
Once I had $100 a split it up over 3 poker sites.
I am now on $185.

Believe me it is hard work.

picked this up on a forum in the UK.   http://www.ukpokerlife.co.uk/forum/index.php

has been mentioned on here before.

Also picked up a nice little tool. a chip graph, so if i am playing in a tourney, people can watch my progress live on the graph.
All i do is keep texting my chip count from my mobile.

Bojan1983

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 03:49:38 AM »
Wow, this is a great story... and really motivates you to try the same...

I am also thinking of doing this with small difference... I ll deposit 20-30$ and start with that...

Even though his rules really make sence i dont understand why he had minimum since that goes against his rules...
For example

"I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll (there is an exception for the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less)."

So at the time he finally got to 3$ he played with 2,5 buyin? Why not stick to rules that would save his bankroll managment?
If i start with 20$ I think it would be wrong to play 2,5$ SnGs... wouldnt it?

"I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1."

So for multitable its even less money, never thought about it that way... interesting... (btw, same thought about his minimum set regardless the rule)

So he made a difference between a multitable tournaments and SnG... It makes some sence.. But what about multitable SnG?

And as for cash games... He entered games with only 5% of his stack... And what games would be proper to play then?
Lets say he has 1 $... I am sure he didnt play .25/.50 cash games...
What would be correct, how much bigblinds you should have when you enter a cash game... 50?
Proud owner of TD licence :)