Author Topic: Points Formula ideas  (Read 1318 times)

Mark Berkeley

• View Profile
    • Welwyn Front Poker
Points Formula ideas
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:16:53 AM »
Hi People,
I run a fortnightly Tourney. Does any one have a formula for points, 10,9,8,7,6,5,4 for top 7 places, 2 for finishing next 7 places, 1 for any other finish. Tried to look on forum and on software but cannot figure it out. I am currently using prizes tab and entering manually, so would be grateful if there is a shortcut.
Thanks,
 :D

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Points Formula ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
You can configure it via prizes to do it manually, but as far as an actual formula, I cannot think of one other than to use a switch (other posts in this forum will show it, i'm not personally familiar with it). As far as the rest of the places go, I'd recommend that you put a '1' where it allows a point for buy ins and reducing the points by one, (ie 9 for first) and that way you'll get ten for first overall (9 for the place, plus one for playing)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Mark Berkeley

• View Profile
    • Welwyn Front Poker
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 03:09:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I had already set up the prizes tab to allow cash and points down to those getting two and reducing points by one and saving the template. It's for future Tourneys that I might want to run in the future. I was getting a conflict with chops, joint players getting double the points but I configured that manually. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:12:18 AM by Mark Berkeley »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »
Points for Playing formula:

max(1, if((r > 7) and (r < 15), 2, 11 - r))