Author Topic: Break announcement  (Read 2199 times)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Break announcement
« on: August 12, 2009, 10:52:03 AM »
Hi there everyone, hoping you can help me with the command string for a break announcement, I have the sound file announcing to players that they are on a break etc but don't know how to program the command into the events i presume the trigger would be a level starts? please advise. thanks!
Stuart Murray

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Break announcement
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:28:14 AM »
HI ALL, I HAVE FIGURED OUT TO MAKE IT AT END OF LEVEL AND LEVEL NUMBER TO PLAY BREAK ANNOUNCEMENT, WHAT I WOULD ASK THOUGH IS I ALSO HAVE A SOUND FILE FOR RETURNING TO SEATS WHICH COULD BE PLAYED AT THE 60 SECOND LEFT OF BREAK PERIOD, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH A COMMAND FOR DOING THIS. THANKS!
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:02:17 AM »
To announce the start of a break, create an Event, choose the Trigger "A level starts", and set the Conditions to "not isRound".

To announce that a break will end soon, create an Event, choose the Trigger "The clock ticks", and set the Conditions to "not isRound and secondsLeft = 60".

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:57:30 AM »
thanks corey that helps me understand things a lot! I found another thread similar to mine and used the following string (!isRound) && (state = 2) && (secondsLeft =71) for the 60 second left break announcement which works fine too but I will keep the notRound string for future use - love the program by the way I can sit for hours sometimes finding new ways of improving the way my tourneys are run!
Stuart Murray

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:03:12 PM »
Sorry to be a pest! I currently have an announcement for 60 seconds until next level, which plays at the end of each level Is there any way of this only playing when there is a level up in 60s ie so I could play 60 seconds until break when a break is occurring next instead of a level change? - Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 01:27:13 PM »
"!" is the same as "not", so "!isRound" is equivalent to "not isRound".  "state = 2" adds the condition that the tournament is currently running, which would prevent the event from firing in a tournament countdown, so that's a good addition that I forgot.

There's no way in the event formula (conditions) to know that the next level is a break, so you can't code up a generic event that will always fire only at 60 seconds before a level change before a break.  But you can "hard-code" an event to do this, which would depend on a specific schedule.

As an example, let's say you have a blinds schedule where you have a break after every 3 rounds.  So, there's a break after round 3, round 6, round 9, and round 12.  Your event conditions could be:

(not isRound) and (state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 60) and ((roundNum = 3) or (roundNum = 6) or (roundNum = 9) or (roundNum = 12))

The only issue with this is it is directly dependent on your blinds schedule.  If you change the order of your levels, the event will still fire on the same rounds (3, 6, 9, and 12), regardless of whether or not there is a break directly after those rounds.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 09:11:04 PM »
great stuff i was thinking along those lines already that i would have to add them independantly below the 60 secs to next level in the events schedule and then specify that it cancels existing sounds before playing.  Thanks very much for your help once again
Stuart Murray