Author Topic: iPod remote mouse apps not working  (Read 14567 times)

eXcelon969

• View Profile
iPod remote mouse apps not working
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Of course you didnt write these apps, however I'm wondering if anything you do in initializing the program would mess with any windows settings that might cause my issues.

I have tried two ipod remote mouse apps and neither work at all when TD is in focus. as soon as i bring up a browser (even with TD running) it'll work, until I bring TD back in focus.

I cant think it's a firewall issue, perhaps it's the fact that i have to accept some UAC stuff when i launch TD?

running latest TD and win7 32bit

beaker

• View Profile
Re: iPod remote mouse apps not working
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:35:45 PM »
I may be way out in left field here but.... I've had trouble interfacing a few 3rd party apps with TD on Windows7 in the past, I found that taking the following steps got things working well. 

Right click TD icon, go to properties
Click on the Compatibility Tab
Set "compatibility mode" to "Windows XP (service pack 2)"
Set "privilege level" to "run this program as an administrator"
Relaunch TD and try your mouse app again

Like I said, this may not help at all, but pretty easy to try out, certainly can't hurt

Good luck,
Beaker

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 09:33:44 AM »
I may be way out in left field here but.... I've had trouble interfacing a few 3rd party apps with TD on Windows7 in the past, I found that taking the following steps got things working well. 

Right click TD icon, go to properties
Click on the Compatibility Tab
Set "compatibility mode" to "Windows XP (service pack 2)"
Set "privilege level" to "run this program as an administrator"
Relaunch TD and try your mouse app again

Like I said, this may not help at all, but pretty easy to try out, certainly can't hurt

Good luck,
Beaker

If TD wasn't starting, I would tend to agree with doing it on TD, but I would almost want to say that if you're going to do it with TD, then you should do it with the controlling software as well.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »
The TD doesn't do anything special.  It's really very little more than IE running in "application mode".  UAC could certainly have something to do with it, but I really don't know.  It does seem very odd to me that you could control IE with that app but not be able to control the TD with the same app.

eXcelon969

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 04:10:40 AM »
damn spam filtering...

anyways i bagged the remote mouse idea and opted for VNC which worked GREAT by the way. (Once i configured enough keyboard shortcuts since the free vnc apps dont handle ctrl keys or right click.)

perhaps in a later release there is a condensed or customizeable "control" tab for smaller res screens like the ipod touch or droid whatever.

TD was a hit, first time using it multi-table.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 10:15:36 AM »
There actually is something like this on the to-do list.