Author Topic: Editable path for prefs.sav  (Read 2533 times)

mcfrojd

• View Profile
Editable path for prefs.sav
« on: November 24, 2011, 01:02:36 PM »
Any chanse of getting the possibiliyt to change the path for prefs.sav?

Would be great to point it to dropbox so all my changes on my desktop computer reflects on my laptop.
(Today i use the same file by manually copying the file)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Editable path for prefs.sav
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »
It's certainly possible, it just complicates things.  I'll look into it.

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 03:05:53 AM »
I haven't looked into this in a while, but now i would like to have the prefs file in the data location.
This would be good because i alternate between 3 diffrent data folders depending on where i run the tournament.

And all places i have diffrent settings, like some place i have "choose hitman" and the others not.
Some place i have diffrent currency , some place i use notification, and so on and so on..
i even have separate databases for the diffrent location.

Would be great if all location specific settings where loaded when i switch the active data location.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:25:37 PM »
Not *exactly* what you're looking for, but you can change the location of the preferences file.  It just doesn't follow the data store, like you probably want.

Look in the user manual, in section 39.2 ("Overriding the Path to the Preferences files and the Data Store file").

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 04:33:39 AM »
Yea i tried that one before, its good for letting me put the prefs file in my dropbox for auto backup, but not the exact what i would like to have.
I can manage it by an simple .bat script before starting TD, but it would be nice to have it automatically.