Author Topic: HORSE comp  (Read 3447 times)

dik9

• View Profile
HORSE comp
« on: January 10, 2007, 12:09:10 AM »
Ok I ran a limit HORSE comp last night using TD, Helped tremendously THANK YOU COREY * bows*

What would be good though, as i had to do it manually by verbal announcements, as well as the ante and Stakes to be able to add what the compulsary bring in, in the stud games are.

i.e Ante 3 Stakes 25 and 50 ......bring in for 10

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: HORSE comp
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:12:10 AM »
Couldn't you just use one of the limits for the bring in?

i.e., set the "limit1" to the bring-in amount, then create a new cell and insert the "limit1" token but use text in the cell to indicate that it is the bring-in amount?

Just a thought.  Not sure if it would meet your needs

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 10:41:34 AM »
Precisely.  You can always edit what is displayed as a label for the small blind, big blind, limit 1, limit 2, and ante.  That's 5 values that if you really think about it, they don't mean squat to the software.  You could use the small blind value as the stake 1 and big blind for stake 2 and limit 1 for the ante and limit 2 for the bring-in, if you were so inclined.  You would simply need to update the layout to label those values appropriately:

Ante: <limit1>
Stakes: <smallblind> and <bigblind>
Bring-in: <limit2>

So long as you remember what each means in the schedule (on the Rounds tab), you can put whatever values in there you like.  (I realize it's dumb to use <limit1> for the ante when there is an <ante> value, I'm just trying to make a point.)

So, does this solve it, or are there more values needed?  Honestly, I'm just not too familiar with these types of games.

dik9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
Guys first let me say that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers ;D

Corey, I did what you suggested, unfortunately I can only edit, odd rounds or even rounds, so they all change?

How do i do it, so the first two levels have the Blinds and the next 3 have the Bring-in, as if I put the Bring-in into the Blind section the players will just get messed up?

2 X Flop Games

Blinds: 25/50
Stakes 50/100
Ante 0

3 X Stud Games
Ante 3
Bring-in 10
Stakes 25/50

for example?

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 11:31:24 AM »
You have 6 items that you want to display.

2 blinds
2 stakes
ante
bring-in

There are 5 items that can be set up in a game (as Corey mentions).  So the question is, can you get away with only showing the stakes for the flop games (set stakes as 50/100 and assume players will understand that blinds will be 25/50)?  The other option would be to list the stakes and list the small blind, but not the big blind (and again, assume the players will understand that the big blind is the amount of the small stakes bet).

I think that I would set it up such that

-stakes are set up in the "blinds" section of the rounds tab, but in the layout, set it up to say that these are "stakes".
-Then I would use "ante" section to be the ante you want
-Then I would use "limit1" as the bring-in for the stud games - again, setting it up so that the layout says "bring-in"

How would that work for you?  You wouldn't be displaying the blinds for the flop games, but since the stakes are displayed your players could infer what the blinds are (I am assuming they would be half of the small stakes for the small blind and equal to the small stakes for the big blind).

Just a thought.

dik9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:41:11 AM »
I see where you are coming from and thanks for the input, it was not really a big issue at the time as the people playing knew the script, but I would just like to suggest that on the "New Round" an option for the 6th piece of info would be cool, especially as HORSE is becoming more popular now. I just know it would help me greatly as a TD. Not a problem if it can't be done, it will just look the business even more than it already is, if it were 8)