Author Topic: Opinions please  (Read 4351 times)

badbeat

• View Profile
Opinions please
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »
Hi, I've had a go at my own layout for a bounty tournament and would like to know what you think please.

I've used a banner set for the tourney description, promoting TD and the poker league I run nights for, so have attached a screenshot for each.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 08:31:36 PM by badbeat »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions please
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:16:54 PM »
Looks great to me.  If you really want to have the TD logo in there, try this one instead:

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/images/title_trans.gif

It uses a transparent fill around the logo.

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
Cheers Corey, I've updated my previous post using the transparent logo. I feel it's only right you should get a bit of free advertising and now I've got the hang of the banner sets, I'll use it in all my layouts.

craig2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 05:07:55 PM »
eyup GM, jus cruising the forum and lo n behold,lol just thought i would say hello, scirocc

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 05:39:30 PM »
eyup GM, jus cruising the forum and lo n behold,lol just thought i would say hello, scirocc

LOL, hiya mate.  :o   ;D  8)

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »
you asked for opinions, and sorry but I gotta give a thumbs down to it.... It looks nice but its not feng shui. The lightining bolt distracts and makes the clock hard to read (for me)... I like the physical layout of it a lot, but I think the background picture is not good, maybe too busy and distracting  :'(

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 03:32:24 AM »
Cheers for the comments Phaze, the tourney I used this for, went ok, but was only a small one and everyone was near the screen. I'll probably keep the layout and change the background for each type of tourney I run. I'll certainly keep the banner style description.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 03:21:42 AM »
yeah man, the banner rocks.... everything is great, just the background pic rubbed me wrong... but thats just me, and I am definitely not the end all be all