Author Topic: Forum Help Request - New Table LCD Layout  (Read 7886 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Forum Help Request - New Table LCD Layout
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »
Sounds like your odd and even rounds aren't matched up the same for the layout setup. I would probably suggest copying what you have for each cell for the even rounds to the odd rounds, and see if that clears it up any.

EDIT - It's what I had to do for a row of buttons I use that weren't working properly, and after doing such, it's working without incident.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

nlowell

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 06:12:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Sorry to be dense, I'm still new to this software...how do I "copy what i have for each cell for even rounds to odd rounds"?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
No need to apologize, I've been there myself, and am glad to help when I'm able to :)

To copy the cells isn't too difficult, just time consuming. You'll want to be displaying the layout tab. Double click a cell to bring up its properties (if you're using 2.6.b4, right clicking and selecting properties for the cell seems to be broken, but if using 2.5, you can disregard this note). Odd rounds work, so in property sets, you want to select Odd Rounds, or default if it's not displayed. From there, click on contents, select all the text, and copy. Then go to the odd rounds (or default if not there), and in the contents there, paste it in. I would do it for all the sets that show up. Another thing I would do is to look at the font settings for the Odd Rounds, and make them uniform by using the Font dialogue box.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

nlowell

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »
No go...I see where the odd round setup is.  Even if I setup the odd round to be the same, it doesn't work.

Oddly enough, some of my elements (buttons, rounds, and prizes) stay in the even rounds, everything else is removed.

I just tested on a new machine and the layout I posted on page one exhibits this display.  Any way I could talk you into opening the TLO and seeing if I'm missing something silly?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Neal

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »
nlowell, if you post your layout and explain what you want, I should be able to repost the fix for you to take back, if you would like?
---

nlowell

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 08:08:50 PM »
I found that if I delete the other two screens listed and set the screen set default to the main page that removes 90% of my issues.

Now I just have a black box in the very middle on even rounds I can't get rid of.

_4.tlo is the original I was having issues with
_6.tlo is the one I removed all screens but the main

Thanks Magic...you rock!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 08:18:29 PM »
 ;D ;D

GOT IT!!  lol

using the -6 version, it turned out to be 'empty cell 3' that needed a little tweaking. Here you go!
---

nlowell

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 09:06:43 PM »
Hmm....can't seem to load that layout file.

What change did you make to empty cell 3?  I will just make the change.

nlowell

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »
Using 2.5.11 I get error loading layout on two different machines.

nlowell

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 09:11:28 PM »
Nevermind...I'm stupid....I saw it.

Thanks for sticking with me!!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 09:17:17 PM »
Glad you saw it :) almost clicked on "post" for what I did :) Hope all goes well for you tomorrow! 

By the way, it didn't work cause I'm using the beta version... Ah well.... between the two of us, we gotcha going  :D
---