Author Topic: Template question  (Read 3434 times)

rileyw

• View Profile
Template question
« on: August 01, 2007, 07:58:20 PM »
I wasn't sure where to put this post but here goes.

I've been reading a lot through the forums to get some help and ideas as I set up a tournament template for my home game. I've seen some other screen shots I like better, but nobody is sharing the template file itself. Anyway, here is what I have so far.

My question is: Because of the background I chose, you cannot see the black chip on the tournament page in the chips section. Is there a way to put a border around the chip icons so as to better identify that the black chips are worth $100?

Warren
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:00:15 PM by rileyw »

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: Template question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 05:50:34 AM »
Haven't checked your layout, but outside of creating your own chip images (make a black circle with a white border?), the easiest thing might be to simply change the background color of the layout, so black shows up better.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 07:38:25 AM »
I tried to view but you have to include the background picture with download before I can properly view it  :)

rileyw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:46 AM »
I used the flaming aces picture listed under the layout thread started by segundo. the filename is HOTFIRE3.jpg.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 09:16:21 PM »
cool, I think I might have found a solution for ya... in the layout tab place your cursor within the dotted line where current time, next break, and chips box is. The whole box should go a different shade of color. If you right-click there you will have a menu with an option of column properties. Click that and then put HOTFIRE3.jpg as the background. On my monitor it meshes perfectly with the overall background but the chips are distinctly shown.

rileyw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 04:42:35 PM »
That worked. Thanks for the help.  ;D

Hopefully other people will eventually upload some other templates.

Warren

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 07:55:17 PM »
no prob... as for up loading other templates, I have an idea what I want but lack the skill in creating the neccessary graphics so I won't be able to post them... sorry.... I just use a variation of displays already posted and pretty much the generic layout... I doubt you would be impressed... on that note, I think that the generic layout could be the best way to display the most amount of information in an eye pleasing way. The only things I have done differently is put a neon glow (which I copied from someone else here) and put a marquee tag for the prizes at the bottom, that makes the prize information scroll across the screen... I'm undecided if I like it or not because it tends to skip a bit thus not looking as professional as I would like it but it has stayed on.

oh and one little trick I did do is with the title... I created a general title for the tournements with photoshop and then put that as a background. I then put the token for title in with the same font and shadow and fiddled with the size and got a pretty cool looking title sorry about the second Dexter background