Author Topic: Total points formula  (Read 1860 times)

Gordon260871

• View Profile
Total points formula
« on: October 01, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »
Hi could anybody tell me the formula for the below i want give the same points available every week even though the number of players will be different

1st 20 points
2nd 15 points
3rd 12 points
4th 10 points
5th 8 points
6th 7 points
7th 7 points
8th 5 points

we also give 3 points for playing and 1 point for hits

my league points all work just want to show the points on layout during the game for the players that have gone out or at the end of game

Thanks for any help you could give

Gordon260871

• View Profile
Re: Total points formula
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »
sorry but 7th should read 6 points

Thanks for any help

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:27:29 PM »
switch(r, 1, 20, 2, 15, 3, 12, 4, 10, 5, 8, 6, 7, 7, 6, 8, 5) + 3 + nh

Gordon260871

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 04:22:27 AM »
Hi Corey i am using this formula on the template that Stuart Murray made with the Forth road Bridge on it the formula works except it does not add on the points for a hit
I entered the formula into the points for playing on the game page and have added 1 point in the hits box

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 06:24:07 PM »
The formula above should add 1 point for each hit.  That's the "+ nh" part (nh is a formula variable meaning "number of hits").  You don't need to enter anything in the "Points for hit" box on the Game tab.  If you do, the formula AND the "Points for hit" setting will both add 1 point for each hit, meaning each player will get 2 points for each hit.

Gordon260871

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:04:40 AM »
Hi Corey this is what i get when i enter the formula it adds the point for Rank and for Playing but still not for any hits
Sorry i am new to this but does it not need to know how many points for each hit to give
I have attached a copy of main screen and the game screen
I may be missing something very simple

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:23 AM »
As I said in the previous post, if you've got a "1" in the "Points for hit" box (which you do), and use the formula I gave which has the "+ nh" part (which you are), then you will be giving double (2) points for each hit.  Set "Points for hit" to "0" or remove the "+ nh" from the Points for Playing formula.

How do you know it is not awarding points for hits?  (You didn't include a screenshot of the Players tab showing ranks and points for each player, so I can't tell.)  When you bust players out of the tournament, are you specifying a hitman?  If you don't, then obviously "hits" cannot be computed and thus no points for hits will be awarded.

Gordon260871

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
Hi Corey i have made the changes you said the points add up correctly at the end it is just that i would like to be able to see them added on to the total on the main screen would i have to change the cell contents
i Have added a screen shot of what it is at the moment

Thanks