Author Topic: Player Club Membership  (Read 3506 times)

smiggy9

• View Profile
Player Club Membership
« on: August 10, 2007, 06:04:02 AM »
Hi Corey,
We now have about 40-50 club members, with about 30 playing regularly each week. They have all joined at various times over the last year. We charge £5 annual membership for the club(for cards/cloth/chips/prizes/SOFTWARE  etc. )
We need to be able to identify when a player's membership is up for renewal, so that we get their membership fees for the next year. Any chance you can enhance the player's database side of the software to identify at buy-in time if the player's membership has expired? I know it is not exactly the main reason for the software but it would help us out, so we didn't need to keep players records externally to the system.
Regards,
Steve

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player Club Membership
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 10:42:22 AM »
The short answer is: I'll look into it and put it on the to-do list.
The long answer is: I'll put it on the to-do list, but there's no guarantee it will ever make it as a feature.  I prioritize enhancements by audience size.  That is, the features that would benefit the most users get the highest priority.  Although I see that this would be a great feature for you, at this time I don't think it would benefit a large portion of the TD audience, so it will not likely get a very high priority.  Sorry.

smiggy9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 05:02:00 AM »
S'okay! I thought that might be your answer. If you don't ask...etc....

Many thanks for replying though!

Cheers,

Steve

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:50:22 AM »
Absolutely, always ask.

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 06:15:09 PM »
Put me on the list of 'people this feature would benefit', as we have 40 dues paying members.  I currently use the Notes field to keep track of players that have paid dues and when, but something more dedicated would be better.   

Perhaps the Notes field could be enabled to be renamed or create other customizable fields in the database.  ???
The man, the myth, the moose!

NormanCook

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 05:32:04 AM »
I wanna be on that list to. It will be a so cool feature. Ontill that time anyone know any external program for that ?

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »
If you have them all in your outlook.
you could use outlook, well you could use it even if not.

All you would have to do is put them in your tasks with a reminder every 12 months.

Just a quick thought.

Might work

brunobus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 08:36:05 PM »
Just put the date that they paid last in the notes or id area and have it shown on the players tab.  Then you can sort it by date and see when people are due.  Obviously you would only collect when they show up, right?  (although you have to export it to Excel to get it to sort correctly)
I did something similar since I give first priority seating to players who played in my previous seasons.  Then as they sign up, I also input the date they signed up.  I can hold 66 players and for the first time in 2 years I am now sitting at 79 players for my event next week.

Rennim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 07:39:29 AM »
As I see it, the TD is meant as a management tool for poker tournaments.  While having features that support that mission, it is not meant to be an accounting type program. 

That beings said, there are many programs out there that are free to use that would assist you in completing this facet of your business.  SQL Ledger is one of them.

Another option would be to see if a major company such as Intuit (QuickBooks) or Sage (Peachtree) would be amendable to working out a joint venture to link the two programs or allow for ease of transferring information between the two.  Playing on the fact that poker is one of the fastest growing sectors would be a good place to start.