Author Topic: Running multiple games  (Read 1455 times)

robertchas

• View Profile
Running multiple games
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:21:43 AM »
Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to run two different leagues in one,

We have a weekly game where the buyin is £6.20 per player 3.20 of this is put away for end of season which is every 13 weeks the rest is paid out on prizes on the night.

Now we would like to give people the option of playing in a 2nd league or both the 2nd league would use the same points structure as the first but would not payout any cash prizes, the 2nd league would be £2 buyin with the complete £2 being raked.

Anyone who wants to play in the 2nd league only will not be entitled to any cash prizes only points.

So basically if you play in 1st and 2nd league then the total rake would be £5.20.

Is this possible to set up using TD

Thanks

Chas

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Running multiple games
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »
Sounds perfectly feasible to me, and you've already got the details worked out.  Which part are you having trouble with?

robertchas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 04:01:35 PM »
How do I make the software not payout cash prizes for the players that only pay £2.

So £2 players wins tournament and gets alocated points but gets no cash prize.

£8.20 players finishes 2nd and 3rd but get paid cash equivalents of 1st and 2nd.

or would I have to do this manuall

also 20p of the rake is for anyone who gets a royal flush so if 30 players had played for two weeks there would be £12 in the pot they would win that amount if no one gets a royal flush after 13 weeks the pot will be awarded to the best hand of the last game.

Could I create a 2nd seperate rake for the 20p and when someone wins it manually give them a best hand prize or can it be done semi automatic.

hope made it clear enough, can a formula do any of the abov

thanks

chas

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:16:46 AM »
You'll have to do things manually.  You can create prizes for each item and select "Manual" for the "Recipient".  You'll have to award them by selecting the recipient (once known) in the "Override" section.

For the "royal flush" prize, I would create a 2nd rake as you described.  If someone gets a royal flush during a tournament, (a) add any money from previous tournaments to the pot by using the "House Contribution" field on the Game tab; (b) create another manual prize; (c) award the prize using the override section.

All manual and a little bit tedious, but there's really no way for the software to know enough to do this automatically anyway.  By going through all of these steps, the stats will be aware of the prizes won by these players.