Author Topic: Hits not recorded  (Read 2902 times)

Pokerman1

• View Profile
Hits not recorded
« on: June 12, 2006, 04:14:08 PM »
I finished running a tournament the other day and have noticed that my hits on the 'stats' tab are showing as 0 even though i knocked out 3 people, it also shows in the tournament history the 3 occurances of me busting the other people out and also shows on the 'Players' tab me being the hitman next to 3 different players...

Is there anyway of adjusting the 'Hits' for the tournament to show the correct number??
The other hits made by the other players are showing correctly..

Also to note, on the 'Players' tab its showing 1 player as still in, me, but i won the tournament, am I supposed to do something to end the tournament?? Again in the tournament history it shows the tournament has ended...

Can anyone help?!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hits not recorded
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 06:06:25 PM »
You shouldn't need to adjust the hits, they should be tallying automatically.  You didn't mention from how many tournaments the stats were being computed, but my first suggestion would be to make sure the tournament in which you made 3 hits is being included.  On the Stats tab, press the Info button to see which tournaments have been loaded, and which are being included in the stats.

As for "1 player still in", this is basically correct.  The winner of the tournament, except in a few circumstances, is never busted out, and is therefore still "in" the tournament, even though the tournament is over.  This is because technically another player could still buy-in or rebuy.  If someone does [buy-in or rebuy], it would then be that player versus the final player, and the tournament would not yet be over...

Pokerman1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 12:12:35 PM »
Ok, thanks for the response, the 1 player still in makes sense now.

Regarding the missing hits, I have only played one tournament using the software and the tournament is loaded in the stats tab...
It shows sum of buy-ins 7 (as there were 7 players) and sum of hits 3....

Any ideas??

Thanks for the help so far!!

mdesjard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 02:14:59 AM »
Hi, same thing happened to me today. We ran our 7th tournament of the season and for the first time, we made this one a re-buy/add-on tournament. We had 24 players and only 3 hits were recorded. All eliminated players have a hitman, but the hits weren't recorded.

Corey, I can email you the saved tournament if you want to take a look. It's the first time I have problems with the software and it's also the first time we ran one with re-buy/add-on, so i don't know if that's related...

Thanks for any help you can provide

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 11:17:53 AM »
It is related to rebuys.  Specifically, it is related to rebuying a player who has not busted out.  When the software was updated to allow players to rebuy before being busted out, a bug was introduced that caused the hits to be tallied incorrectly (and some other details as well).  In other words, the tournament is intact, but the totals displayed aren't necessarily correct.  I've already fixed this and I'm working hard to get the next version finished.  When it is available and you've upgraded to the new version, your stats will display correctly (you won't need to do anything to your saved tournaments).

mdesjard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 01:11:49 PM »
Great, thanks a lot for the quick answer, I've manually added points to reflect the hits as I use them in my formula for points, I'll just remove the manually added points when the new update is ready.

Thank you!

hawklight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 08:28:14 AM »
Corey

This affects (presumably) bounties as well? I ask as this appears to be the case if bounty chips used in a rebuy tourney - the totals appear a litte inconsistant.

Assuming that it is related, you say you have fixed it and it will be in the next version - do you have an ETA yet for that new version?  :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 10:35:16 AM »
Yes, it affects bounties (bounty chips, not "prize" bounties) as well.  ETA for 2.2 recently divulged here: http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=164.msg1099#msg1099