Author Topic: Extended Game Clock Layout on a 50" LG TV Monitor  (Read 2104 times)

Lingel

• View Profile
Extended Game Clock Layout on a 50" LG TV Monitor
« on: August 31, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »
When we extend a game clock to our TV monitor, the bottom margin is not quite to the bottom of the screen and appears as a double line.  The left, right, and upper margins block properly to their sides of the screen. It's an annoying little problem we want to make go away.  Anybody know how.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Extended Game Clock Layout on a 50" LG TV Monitor
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »
Firstly, make sure your resolutions match on both Windows Screen Resolution and on TD Display Management. Then use the "Move and Size to Extended Display" if that does not solve your problem try a different screen resolution for your extended display, windows should give you a recommended resolution that fits best utilising the equipment you have.
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Game Clock Layout on a 50" LG TV Monitor
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:43:30 AM »
I've seen this.  Configured the laptop for extended display.  The laptop was something smaller than 1920x1080 (can't remember, probably 1280x1024 or 1440x900 or something like that), but I configured the extended display (in the Windows control panel) to be 1920x1080.  Very standard now with HD TVs.  But for whatever reason, it was obvious that the TV wasn't displaying all of the 1920x1080 pixels.  A noticeable chunk of the screen was missing off the bottom and right sides.

Unfortunately I didn't have enough time before the tournament to mess with it and see what the issue was.  It was someone else's laptop and TV.  I'd hooked my own up to several TVs and had never seen this issue.

If I were to encounter this again I'd probably just use the TD's Extended Display tool on the Preferences tab, and begin lowering the defined resolution of the extended display.  In other words, tell the TD that the extended display is, say 1900x1060, for starters.  Then press the "Move and Size to Extended Display" button to resize the TD's Game window.  If it still didn't fit, I'd try 1880x1040 and press the "Move and Size to Extended Display" button again.  Repeat until everything fits.

You can save extended display profiles in the TD.  So once you get it to look right, save it so the next time you're hooked up to this particular display, just select the same profile and press the "Move and Size to Extended Display" button and you should be good.