Author Topic: Moving TD 2.2  (Read 2160 times)

AJ

• View Profile
Moving TD 2.2
« on: January 25, 2007, 10:50:20 AM »
Hi-

I am a licensed user of 2.2 and I have installed on my laptop.  It's a leased machine and it is going back shortly.  I would like to be able to move the database and license to my new computer when it arrives, providing that it is legal to do so.

Is there any documentation on moving the database and/or license?

Thanks

AJ

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving TD 2.2
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 11:36:18 AM »
There are a few posts on here describing how to do this.  The easiest thing to do is to use the "Backup" feature on the Database tab.  This can backup your database, saved tournaments, templates, and your preferences into a ZIP file.  Copy the ZIP file to your new machine, and then unpack it into the Tournament Director folder on the new machine.  Remember to uninstall the software from your 'old' machine to remove your license.

The backup and restore procedure is outlined in the help file.

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 08:58:57 AM »
Thanks Corey!

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 10:40:21 AM »
I had to do the same thing.  What I found easiest was to install TD on the computer I was moving too, then just copy the entire TD folder from Program Files of the old computer over top of the TD folder on the new PC.    Also, if you have any other folders for TD, you'd just move those to the same path on the new PC.  (I had a TD Sounds folder that was in the root of C:)
The man, the myth, the moose!

segundo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 08:40:53 AM »
I have just gone through the same thing. I just got a new laptop.  Everything moved over fine with the coping of the entire TD directory but my database some how got jacked up. It has duplicate names and blank entries. I did a database backup and restore first. Then copied the entire TD dir. It was probably my fault. I was rushing becuase I had a tournament to run that night and wanted to use the new laptop. Any ideas on how to fix the DB?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 04:48:39 PM »
Well, if you haven't modified any of the player data, leagues, or seasons since moving the database, you can always just nuke your new database and copy the one from the "old" PC.  Player data includes only the stuff you can modify on the Database tab (personal information: name, address, email, phone, etc).

To give it a try, open Windows Explorer, go to "C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2", rename the folder "db" to something else, and copy the "db" folder from the old computer.  Start the TD, see if it looks better.  If it doesn't, you can always nuke the "db" folder, and then rename the original back to "db".  You'll be no worse off than you are now.