Author Topic: Latest beta, countdown  (Read 6714 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Latest beta, countdown
« on: August 10, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
Last night, I used the countdown feature for first time. I counted down to a specific time to keep me on track of when to start. However, when I brought up the settings window, it flashed between the timer and paused. The timer was running, however. Wasnt running any other programs, Win7 OS.

I am going to try to run a moch tourney before I go on vacation, but cannot be sure I will have time. If I do, I will report back w/results here.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Latest beta, countdown
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:43:59 PM »
When you're counting down to a specific time of day, you can't pause the countdown - unless somehow you know how to pause real time :).  But you're saying the mini-clock in the upper left corner of the Settings window was flashing "PAUSED"?  And still the clock counted down?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 01:10:14 PM »
That's exactly what I experienced. The mini-clock would flash paused, yet countdown. Game window showed that it was paused. Once I get home from school, I'll do a moch tourney with a few players, do a countdown and see if it persists. If it does, would you like me to send the tourney file to you?
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »
Sure, and send/post a screenshot.  See if you can get a screenshot of this (a little tricky maybe): open the Settings window so the mini-clock is showing, and on the Game tab press the Countdown button.  This should open the countdown dialog saying that a countdown is in progress (and identifying the type of countdown).  See if you can get the screenshot with the "PAUSED" text on the mini-clock showing.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »
Odd... Seems to have been a one time issue... I did everything the same way that I did last night, and couldn't replicate it. I took a video from my phone, but its format isn't compatible, so I cannot even post that up here directly... I'm going to see if I can youtube it and provide a link here to show what's going on...

EDIT: Here's the two youtube links: Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgUhCqmT-Ag    and for part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouk9jkI7NRc

Please forgive the shakiness - been a long day and I was also trying to ensure that the screen was visible. Again, I was not able to replicate the flashing "PAUSED" on the mini-clock, but if I should, I'll be sure to record it off my phone's camera.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:18:01 PM by Magic_fubu »
---

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 05:29:41 PM »
Corey, issue is happening again. Caught it on my camera, and will have a link to it made available as soon as I can, though may not be until tomorrow.

Mike
---

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCPi72xpQyY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Oh droid phone, how I love you :) here's the link to show
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »
There it is, proof!  This is very strange.  I can reproduce this by creating an event that has an action that pauses the clock, and having the event fire during the countdown to a specific time of day.  Is it possible that's how this happened?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »
I shall check after class, however the only event that happens was entering people in or adding new people. At the time I noticed, I was getting myself entered... Video taken after that. I know nothing happened, but I will check my evemts and see their conditions and report back
---

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »
After checking the events, there are no events that are to trigger in a pre-tourney stage - all during the tourney, or one as it ends. If need be, I can export the tourney and any other files and post them here for you, Corey
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 10:22:34 AM »
Not sure what changed, but today if I simply start a countdown to a specific time of day, the countdown starts and the PAUSED message flashes.  Looks like I can now duplicate this ... but I do not know why I can now and I couldn't before.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 07:37:18 PM »
Thats exactly what happened when I first reported this, if memory serves... *shrugs*
---