Author Topic: Barcode Scanning+thermal printer  (Read 11756 times)

davidator

• View Profile
Barcode Scanning+thermal printer
« on: November 13, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »
Thank you Tournament director Team for your app!

i found what i needed on your forum to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/owJaWNX7F_w

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Barcode Scanning+thermal printer
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 10:07:37 AM »
Very slick!

davidator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 10:22:28 AM »
Thank you!
i will uprade=>TD3 and i hope it will be better to check registration

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 09:36:44 PM »
I had tried to do this with the earlier version and couldn't get it to work efficiently. 

Why don't you tell people HOW you did this and how you set it all up?

fperes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 08:14:44 PM »

I want to know how to setup ?  please help us ?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 08:43:13 PM »
I use a magnetic swipe reader and the setup is pretty much the same. The bar code reader should come with software that allows you to configure how it acts. With my reader, I set it to send  "B" to TD before sending the information coded on the magnetic bar. In TD, I programmed the letter 'B' as a hotkey to buy-in players. From the preferences tab select Behaviors along the left and make sure Auto-Seat, Buy-In and Paid in Full is checked. Program a hotkey to coincide with your bar code reader's first character that you  program and go for it!!!

fperes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »
The bar code reader should come with software that allows you to configure how it acts. With my reader, I set it to send  "B" to TD before sending the information coded on the magnetic bar. In TD, I programmed the letter 'B' as a hotkey to buy-in players.

Could u tell me the software name ? my barcode is USB and didnīt come with a software, and I donīt know how to setup a key like 'B' for buy in players... like u did...

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 12:58:30 PM »
Each piece of hardware (barcode scanner, card reader) has proprietary driver and software that is most often NOT shipped with it, however look on your manufacturers website and check for a support, drivers, or a download link. From there you should be able to look up your model number and select the software you need.
Next, your software should allow you to send a character to your computer before it sends the data it scans. You define that character (on my system I programmed an asterisk). In TD, on the Hotkeys tab, I programmed a new hotkey with the asterisk as the hotkey and the command it sent to TD was to buy-in players. The Auto-Seat and Paid In Full were all checked (as well was the Auto-Print on the Preferences Tab>Print). When I swipe a card, it sends an asterisk to TD which initiated a Buy-In Players dialog. The number on the card scans into the search field and TD automatically looks it up. If the Auto-Perform action is not checked, you should now check it off. With auto-perform checked TD will buy-in the player, produce a table and seat and a receipt (if you are using receipts)
Jody

fperes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 02:44:41 PM »
Jody...

Thanks, about the reply...

But I need any software to try... because my barcode scanner doesnīt have a software for it..

my barcode scanner : http://www.dealextreme.com/p/acan-8100-handheld-usb-barcode-scanner-12559

If u know any software, can I try, let me know...

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 04:47:21 PM »
I use the software below to interact with my barcode scanner and TD

http://www.tec-it.com/software/data-acquisition/twedge/keyboard-wedge/Default.aspx

It acts as a keyboard wedge. It grabs the scanned data from my serial port and sends it to TD as keystrokes. You can use Twedge to send whatever character you want before the scanned data. I think I send CTRL+B, which is my hotkey for buy-in.

Hope this helps,
Beaker 

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 06:45:48 PM »
Thanks Beaker...I spent a bit of time trying to find this info for hm...you beat me to it.

fperes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 07:37:17 PM »
Thanks Beaker...

About the twedge software...

TWedge supports all devices connected via the serial interface (RS232), TCP/IP, BluetoothŪ or USB (virtual COM) interface. Device connections are bi-directional, thus this data acquisition software can also send control commands to the connected device or poll it on a regularly base.

My scanner is USB, and I didnīt find any Virtual com to use with it...

Do u know where I can find a virtual com to use with my scanner ?

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »
Hi fperes,

I'm not a USB expert but here are my thoughts.

I don't believe that a "virtual com" is necessarily something you can acquire for use with your scanner. It really will depend on how your scanner drivers handle the device. Some USB device drivers will setup a virtual com port on your system to support the interface, others will not. You will need to check within your "device manager" to see if a virtual com port has been added. If you are unsure; simply unplug and re-connect your USB scanner with the device manager open, you will then be able to see how your system is designating the device (as a virtual com port or not).

If a virtual com port has been added, you can select the "RS232 / Serial" communication option within Twedge and the appropriate virtual com port number.

If a virtual port does not exist you my need to consider buying a serial scanner. OR you can search around for another keyboard wedge application that supports USB (Twedge is just the one that i'm using, I'm sure there are serial other solutions out there). You will likely find the majority of the simple solutions out there support a serial interface, usb will be harder to find.

Hope this helps a bit,
Beaker

fperes

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 08:37:19 AM »
Beaker, Thanks again...

I didnīt find anything to use with my usb barcode scanner...

I Think the better solution is buy another barcode scanner with Serial Port...

acdctabs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 05:34:23 AM »
Hi guys, i'm really interested by this topic.

I got the "barcode reader", but how do you make it work ?
I mean how do I buy in a player with the barcode ?
ctrl+B and scan the "nickname" do nothing, do i need another key before "sending the name" ?

-edit-
Found it :)
Preferences / Behavior / "Show Find on playres dialogs"
and "auto perform action" checked on buy-in screen

Need the same thing when i Bust someone, it filters the name but don't find a way to "kick" him
(if I don't care about the Hitman)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:55:20 AM by acdctabs »