Author Topic: rotate cell or column  (Read 1053 times)

TIMMER

• View Profile
rotate cell or column
« on: January 12, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »
Is there away to rotate  Chips  &  Chip-Leader  &  Hit-Leader in one cell or column, Like Chips 8sec. Chip-Leader 8sec. Hit-leader 8sec.  (*_*) <chips> rotate <chipleader> rotate <hitleaders> etc  Just trying to free up some room, ps. marquee doesnt work for this and odds & even = 2.  I need 3

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: rotate cell or column
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 12:50:35 PM »
Not directly, but there is a roundabout way to do this in 2.6 (you need advanced conditions to accomplish it, which aren't available for layout items pre-2.6).

As an example, I modified the default layout (Blue and Green).  Usually it displays, in the first column, the Round number and below that the number of Entries.  I modified it to display only one of those at a time, at 5 second intervals, like this:

- Edit Rounds cell
- Select Even Rounds property set
- Press Conditions button
- Select "Use advanced conditions"
- Set conditions to:

isRound and (roundNum % 2 = 0) and ((timeofday % 10) < 5)

- Press OK to close Conditions dialog
- Press "New" to create a new Property Set and named it "Odd Rounds"
- Select "Odd Rounds" property set
- Press "Copy" and select "Default" property set, to make "Odd Rounds" essentially a copy of the Default property set
- Set conditions to:

((timeofday % 10) < 5)

- Select Default property set
- Check the "Hide" checkbox
- Press OK to save changes to the "Rounds" cell

- Edit Entries cell
- Select Even Rounds property set
- Set conditions to:

isRound and (roundNum % 2 = 0) and ((timeofday % 10) > 4)

- Press "New" to create a new Property Set and named it "Odd Rounds"
- Select "Odd Rounds" property set
- Press "Copy" and select "Default" property set, to make "Odd Rounds" essentially a copy of the Default property set
- Set conditions to:

((timeofday % 10) > 4)

- Select Default property set
- Check the "Hide" checkbox
- Press OK to save changes to the "Entries" cell

In a nutshell, this makes the Rounds dialog use the "Default" property set for 5 seconds, which has the Hide feature enabled, and then use one of the other two property sets for 5 seconds, depending on whether it's an even round or odd round.  It also makes the Entries dialog do the same thing, but on the alternating 5 seconds.  Therefore only one of those two cells is displayed at a time.

For your use, you would need to modify the ((timeofday % 10) > 4) part of the conditions.  The expression (timeofday % 10) gives the remainder when you divide the timeofday (which is actually the number of seconds since a specific point in time) by 10.  Therefore, it will always have a value of 0 through 9.  As an example, if you wanted to rotate 3 different items and wanted each item to be shown for 8 seconds, you would do the same thing I did (but to an additional 3rd cell as well), and the "time of day" part of the expressions would be:

((timeofday % 24) < 8)

and for the 2nd cell

((timeofday % 24) > 7 and (timeofday % 24 < 16))

and for the 3rd cell

((timeofday % 24) > 15)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »
I might have a simpler workaround for this, copy your main screen and rename it main screen 2 etc, then have main screen 1 with the chips information and screen 2 with the hits information then set up the screen sets to rotate between the two at intervals as you please say 10secs etc.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 07:20:52 PM »
Sorry Corey, side track i ant tried this yet but i was thinking like the Prizes, how they rotate but i'll try this thanks.   Stu, another screen not an opion have 4 Mains with 4 different  layouts  a post,  league stats, 2 pre-tourney & a chip-up  im out of screen lol
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:27:13 PM by TIMMER »