Author Topic: displaying stats  (Read 3366 times)

chckwng

• View Profile
displaying stats
« on: August 10, 2013, 01:15:09 PM »
Having trouble displaying my stats on a separate screen. I have 3 screens for different stats,  since the 3.2 version when I save stats I give each one there own template. For some reason it will not change the stats that were previously saved. Any help please

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: displaying stats
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:54:19 AM »
I have 3 screens for different stats,  since the 3.2 version when I save stats I give each one there own template. For some reason it will not change the stats that were previously saved.

Did you re-run stats and re-export the stats after you changed the template?

chckwng

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »
yes, the stats from previous weeks are still coming up

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:31:42 PM »
Let me be more specific.  If you run stats and then export them to an HTML file, and then change the Stats export template, this won't change those stats that were already exported.  You'll have to run those stats again and export them again in order to use the new template.

chckwng

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »
That is what ii am doing, then I use a rules token. When I make new screen do I use standard or html ? This is the way I have always done it , but now the new stats do not show up

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:03:22 AM »
That is what ii am doing, then I use a rules token. When I make new screen do I use standard or html ? This is the way I have always done it , but now the new stats do not show up

OK, so the issue is that you're including the stats in your layout by way of a rules token, but now they are not showing up in the layout at all?

chckwng

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 06:02:32 PM »
stats are showing up, but it is the old stats from previous weeks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »
Is the rules token you're using point to the wrong file?  Or are you exporting to the wrong file?  Or are you running stats from the wrong week?

chckwng

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »
Everything is pointed in the right direction, don't know why it is doing this. Should I go into the configure files and change back to statsexport ?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 11:20:48 AM »
So your rules token points to a file, let's say it's pointing to

C:\Users\chkwng\Documents\LastWeek.html

And when you run stats and then export them, you export to that same file.  What happens when you just open that (the above) file?  It should just open in your default browser.  Do you see statistics from the correct week?

chckwng

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »
I have overall stats, season 5 stats, and sunday night stats. When I open each file separate it shows me overall stats. That's the problem, it just gives me overall stats for each. when I refresh stats I have a file for each one, I also have screens for each sun, seas 5, and overall. Each screen is stuck on previous overall

chckwng

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »
when I open each file in browser it shows me overall stats

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
Well I can't see how you're generating stats.  And I can't see how you're exporting stats.  So essentially this could be just about anything.

When you generate stats for, say, "Sunday night stats", do you see the correct stats on the Stats tab?  If not, check your stats profile.  If you do see the correct stats, make sure you're exporting them to the file you think you are.  In Windows Explorer, go look at that file and look at the "Date modified" on the file.  Has it been updated?  It should show the date and time that you exported.  Double-click the file to open it.  It should show the same stats that you see on the Stats tab.

If all that checks out (you see the correct stats on the Stats tab and viewing the exported file shows the same stats you see on the Stats tab), make sure the Rules token you're using is pointing to the correct file.  That is, it should be pointing to the same file you exported.

If that is correct, make sure you've got the correct Rules token inserted into your layout.

If that is correct, make sure you're looking at the page you think you're looking at in the Game window, particularly if you have different screens that show different stats.  Pressing the TAB button while viewing the Game window will show the current Screen Set and Screen.

chckwng

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »
The date and time are today on each file, I do not see the same as on the stats tab. now when I double click each one it shows me overall stats on each.  When I export where it says template I have one sun night, seas 5, and overall. So is that the correct way to export ? And thanks for the help corey

chckwng

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 04:18:26 PM »
When I export this <datastore>\saves\overall.html, <datastore>\saves\sun night.html, <datastore>\saves\season5.html. Now when I open each file in the browser it shows me just overall stats