Author Topic: my load button stopped working  (Read 67161 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: my load button stopped working
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2014, 09:26:28 AM »
I'm hoping someone can come up with a solution for this soon. I'm in the middle of a season and now I'm dead in the water. No saving, no loading. I'm back to recording everything with pen and paper. TD3 has been reduced to a clock on my laptop as of right now.

I've tried everything I've read here. IE 10 is imbedded into windows 8. It can't be deleted. It can only be disabled. No turning back the clock to an earlier version as far as I can tell.  :-\

Yes, that is unfortunately true.  And rolling IE back (or forward) hasn't worked for everyone (although it works for a high percentage of those affected).  If you have Windows 8, you can upgrade to IE 11, or roll back to IE 10.  Have you tried that?

aquadad

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »
Well, I'm not entirely sure that I know how to roll back IE 10.  And as far as IE 11, I have to upgrade to windows 8.1 which my laptop will not allow.

aquadad

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2014, 12:55:36 PM »
OK, I'm not sure what all transpired here but..... My TD3 would not load or save starting with a league game I had on Oct. 4. I tried everything listed here. The other day, after an MS update and reboot, none of my MS programs worked at all. I did a system restore to Oct. 16 (my earliest option). Since then, TD3 has been working fine. Loading, saving etc. The restore date was after it first started acting up so I'm not sure what it was that worked but I'm a happy camper again in any case.

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
Load and Save As buttons do not work
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2015, 11:19:51 AM »
Load and Save As buttons do not work. Version 3.3. IE 11.0.9600.17498, Windows 8.1
Jerome R. Wilson

rbilabronze

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2015, 04:34:31 AM »
I am having the same issue.  Windows 7 SP1 IE 11 (also rolled back to 10 and didn't work).  I did some Microsoft windows security updates last night which may have caused it.

One band aid workaround if you need to load an old tournament is to double click on the tournament name from the saves folder.  It seems like a backdoor way to open the file.  I can't seem to get it working the correct way...

Any held would be greatly appreciated!

Evan

rbilabronze

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2015, 04:57:39 AM »
Another update:  I rolled back to IE 10 which didn't fix it.  I then reinstalled IE 11 and it still didn't work.  I then updated IE 11 with the two available security updates which must have uninstalled during the roll back and now the load button seems to be working again.  I am not sure if the reboot fixed it or adding in the two IE 11 security updates.  It seems to work now (or in a pinch open the save file you want by going to the saves folder and clicking it).

Evan
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:15:15 AM by rbilabronze »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2015, 04:25:30 PM »
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I did have a user recently note that a specific malware removal fixed the problem.  I've actually got details of the malware, so I just need to infect one of my VMs and see what happens.  I'm going to try to do this soon.  Odd as it sounds, actually getting a specific type of malware infection is harder than it seems, or so my experience has been...

LJB

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
I just bought the Personal version 3.3 and can't get the save functions to work.  I have Windows 7 and was using IE11.

I've tried practically everything mentioned in this thread.
- I uninstalled IE11.  TD3 didn't work with IE10.
- I uninstalled IE10.  TD3 didn't work with IE9.
- I pressed F12 and set browser mode to IE9.  Still didn't work.
- I uninstalled and reinstalled TD3 and is still doesn't work.
- My Norton antivirus is current and is being run regularly.

Are there any other ideas?

3WPL

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »
my load button (amongst others) stopped working today. I'm not sure when it stopped working because I haven't used it in a month.  It worked fine last month but it does not today.  any suggestions on how to fix it?
Thanks 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2015, 09:23:19 PM »
I just bought the Personal version 3.3 and can't get the save functions to work.  I have Windows 7 and was using IE11.

I've tried practically everything mentioned in this thread.
- I uninstalled IE11.  TD3 didn't work with IE10.
- I uninstalled IE10.  TD3 didn't work with IE9.
- I pressed F12 and set browser mode to IE9.  Still didn't work.
- I uninstalled and reinstalled TD3 and is still doesn't work.
- My Norton antivirus is current and is being run regularly.

Are there any other ideas?

You could try different anti-virus.  I suggest Malware Bytes (https://www.malwarebytes.org) and Microsoft Security Essentials (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download).

Disabling IE extensions/add-ons/plug-ins is something else you could try.

Brunen

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2015, 03:42:43 PM »
now I have the same problem.

The load button among others doesnīt work

I have tried all the suggested action - no luck

I havenīt used the TD since june 4th, at that time all was well.

Iīm not the PC wizard, so I need detailed instructions pls.

BR
Brunen

Beta 3.4 user

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »
As previously noted, the uninstalling of IE (to force a roll back to a previous version) is really the only proven-to-work-most-of-the-time solution to this issue.  Unfortunately, if that doesn't work, I don't know what else to do.  Steps for doing that can be found in this topic (http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4343.msg20157#msg20157).

Medic48

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2015, 08:27:26 PM »
As previously noted, the uninstalling of IE (to force a roll back to a previous version) is really the only proven-to-work-most-of-the-time solution to this issue.  Unfortunately, if that doesn't work, I don't know what else to do.  Steps for doing that can be found in this topic (http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4343.msg20157#msg20157).

As Windows 10 comes pre-packed with Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge, I don't know if you can rollback IE with a Windows 10 install. I have to revert from Windows 10 back to Windows 7 to get TD3 to be operable. (NOTE: This occurred with both TD3.3 and TD 3.4b1).

--Phil

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2015, 07:28:55 AM »
I posted this in the General Discussion area.

"Something interesting I noticed. I upgraded to Win 10 and one of the first things I tried was to see if TD had any problems.
Everything worked fine. I saw the above post about IE 11 so I started IE and checked to see if I indeed had IE 11, which I do, now I am having the same problems with the load and save buttons. This only happened AFTER I ran IE 11."

I'm still having the same problem when starting the TD in the normal way, but if I start by clicking a saved tournament and starting the TD everything seems to work ( save, save as, and load buttons ). I'm not sure if this helps with the debugging but it make work for other people as well.

Brunen

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2015, 03:40:08 AM »
I upgraded to windows 10, and TD 3.4 works for me again.

very happy right now :)