Author Topic: it wont run  (Read 1923 times)

ShannonRyu

• View Profile
it wont run
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:25:01 PM »
I have been running 2.5.11.0 with no trouble. Ran it back in January (8 weeks ago) and tonight it won't open. What could have caused this? I made no changes to the computer. Running Windows 7. What else do you need to know? I had to manually run a tourney tonight... and I haven't done that for over 6 years :(

Fix it please :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: it wont run
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 10:26:23 PM »
tonight it won't open

What does this mean?

ShannonRyu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »
I click to run the TD.exe file and nothing happens. It thinks for a second, but never opens. Tried to run as administrator, no luck. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, no luck.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:55:28 PM »
Reboot and try again.  Or, open the Task Manager (right-click on the task bar and select "Start Task Manager"), look for a process named "mshta.exe" on the Processes tab and kill it ("End Process" button), then start the TD again.

Every once in a blue moon when the TD exits, the window closes but the process doesn't actually exit.  So basically the TD is still running without a visible window.  Since only one instance of the TD can be running at any time, trying to start the TD only causes the currently running process to "come into focus", but since it has no window, nothing appears to happen.  Once you get the original process to actually exit (by killing it or rebooting), things return to normal.  Hopefully this is what has happened in your case.

ShannonRyu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 11:19:37 PM »
Have rebooted many times. no luck. no process mshta.exe is running.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 11:34:32 PM »
Sounds odd to me, but one thing I've noticed with some off-the-wall issues is to post a video, or at least capture it and send it to Corey. Perhaps that's something that might help here??
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

ShannonRyu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
I messed with it all night. uninstalled. cleaned registry. disabled all virus/malware/firewall programs. reinstalled version 2. no luck. version 3. no luck. When i click on the desktop icon the computer thinks for 1 second then nothing happens.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 03:31:07 PM »
I've been thinking about this and cannot come up with a reason.  Maybe Internet Explorer is hosed.  Have you tried upgrading/downgrading/reinstalling IE?