Author Topic: Player Name & Nickname function  (Read 1667 times)

AJ

• View Profile
Player Name & Nickname function
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:54:52 PM »
I am sure I am doing something wrong but I hope someone can help. 

I was happy to find out that the Nickname field is no longer required so I went in the database and removed them.  Probably a stupid move... After that, I opened an older tourney and most of the names were no longer associated so I figured they just needed to be merged.

I noticed something very weird.  When I created a new tourney and went to add players, the dialog box only lists "Name" and in that field is the 1st name of the player.  When I go into the database and open a player's properties there is no such field called "Name".   I have FirstName and LastName.  Even when I create a new player there is no "Name" field.

The problem that I have with merging is I have a bunch of guys named Bill, Mike & Dave.  I cannot tell who to merge them to.

Any assistance would be helpful

Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player Name & Nickname function
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 10:27:53 AM »
Actually, merging was probably not the thing to do.

Players in your tournaments are associated with players in your database through the use of an internal identifier, one that you never see.  So changing a player's nickname, first name, last name, any thing won't affect that association.

The "Name" field that you see everywhere is a combination of the player's nickname, first name, and/or last name, and is configured on the Preferences tab (press the Name Format button on the left).