Author Topic: Add a player from the Database tab  (Read 6378 times)

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
Add a player from the Database tab
« on: October 14, 2006, 08:27:29 PM »
I was wondering would it be possible to add the capabiity to add a player to the tournament from the database tab.

Love the program, keep up the great work...

Keith

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Add a player from the Database tab
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »
Is there a reason it's easier or more convenient to do it from the DB tab than from the Players tab (or the tournament page)?

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:21:30 AM »
The way I setup my tournaments is that I call each of my players and as they confirm I add them to the tourney.

As of right now when I get a confirmation I go to the players tab and add the player.

For me it would be more convienent to be able to right click on the player in the database tab and choose to add them to the tournament.

Obviosly this is just a minor thing, so if it would require a huge ammount of work, or possibly cause issues with another section dont worry about it.

Let me know what you think...
Keith

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 01:20:50 PM »
I wanted to revisit this request - to see if you feel it deserves to be on the to do list.

I am not sure how other people do it. But the way I put my game together is. I call each person individually, this is due to us not having the same group of people each week.

For me the ability to right click on the player on the database tab and then add them to that tournament would save some time.

If this type of addition is verry involved then dont worry about it,

keith

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »
Actually, I've already implemented this for the next version.  On the Database tab, players will be highlighted if they are a part of the currently loaded tournament.  When you edit a player (double-click a player), I've added buttons to add/remove the player from the tournament.  Finally, there is a new context-menu option to add or remove a player from the tournament. 

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 01:25:55 PM »
Thank you corey

obviously I like the adition but I really like the idea of highlighting them as well - nice touch

thanks again

Do you have a estimated release date for the next version?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 02:51:44 PM »
Not yet, sorry...

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 02:52:37 PM »
its kewl just currious - keep up the good work

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 07:46:17 AM »
Keith if you use an RSVP manager like Evite or ThePTL.com you should be able to export the users.  I don't know how many players you typically but I've found it's much easier to export 30 People and then Import them.  It only Takes me about 2 Minutes.
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 10:36:26 AM »
That might work, I have been meaning to get their email addresses - just havent yet.

So will the site (evite etc) export to a doc that is usable with TD or do I have to manually put them in. That isnt that big of a deal just checking their names but im currious.

Thanks keith

PS I have a 160+ player Database (people that have shown up at least once) and host a strong 30 on wed and 25 ish on sat

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 10:45:51 AM »
One quick note,

I have tried evite, but for my purposes, it ends up being an extra step from my distribution list emails so I don't use it - although I could see some benefits.

But, on another forum there have been recent comments about evite invitations being rejected by some email servers lately (taken as spam).  So some people don't receive their invites.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 10:49:29 AM »
I see - if I go that route I will probably try theptl.com site you also mentioned then.

Currently I just work down my list and keep callin till im full lol - I find this funny cause I work in IT and have such a non-tech way of getting my games together.

Anyways I will check that out. I just need to start collecting email address from people.

thanks again

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 12:20:20 PM »
I hear you. I've been in IT professionally since '98 for the first 6 month I had a list of 40-50 people I would call each week to see who was coming.  It started taking 2 hours just to figure out who was coming....  I was like there has to be a better way!   Let me know how it works out for you.
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 12:25:57 PM »
the biggest problem I have is some of them do not have email accounts -

I will find a way when I get a chance lol

its funny living in the Silicon Valley and some people dont have email - not talking about the elderly but middle aged and younger - o well

ill let you know if  I comeup with somethin

keith

sonic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
We run a local pokerleague with TD software and we want to upgrade our signing-in procedure and make it easier for both the organization as well for the players. Therefore we where thinking of the following situation.We like to give our members a membership card with a barcode. On this barcode are all the player's details (stored in the PC) Connect a handscanner to the PC (the kind they use in shops). When players arrive at the door, their barcode is scanned, and the player is registered for the tournament. Easy does it!

The benefits of this system are various:

- It's difficult for people to copy an membership card
- if necessary, only people with a barcoded-membershipcard are aloud in the pit
- signing-in with a scanner saves time for the organization
- you cant make mistakes with double names during the signing-in, or forget to put the name into the software, or if you have forgotten the name of  the person in front of you .......
- it looks very professional

The problem we found is that there is no direct searching possibility with the ''add player'' button in the players tab (here appears a window, and then you can choose the player), in the DB tab there is direct a searching option. So, on this moment the DB can recognize a barcode but we can't get the player straight into the current tournament, due to the window that appears in the player tab. Does anybody knows how to change this setting, or knows how this idea could work out well.

Already thanks,

Sonic,
The Netherlands