Author Topic: points overview  (Read 1655 times)

jkbrekne

• View Profile
points overview
« on: September 05, 2012, 02:19:41 PM »
is there a way to make an overwiew of how many points a player gets in a tourney when this formula calculates the points   10*(sqrt(n)/sqrt(r))*(1+log(100+1))

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: points overview
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »
I could make a table for you, but you should be able to test the conditions and enter in the number of players and the ranks that you want to see.

Game Tab -> Points for playing (assuming you have your formula here) -> Test formula -> Test range

EDIT: I am making a table still, since I'm sure that you may have people asking if X people show and I place in rank Y, how many points do I earn. I'll have it be saved as an excel 2010 version, but if you need it to be the older version, let me know and I can save it that way too for you. I'll have it set for 50 people, 50 positions for you.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:46:56 PM by Magic_fubu »
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:23:02 PM »
Here's the file. Again, if you need it as an xls instead of xlsx, let me know, I can save it differently. Might work best by hiding the columns so that only the one that you need shows, or hide them as entries incur.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

jkbrekne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 04:53:51 AM »
WOW, thanks a million, what should a below average PCuser do without help from people like you   ;D

EDIT: I have seen thru the table you made and it seems that the points arent the same as TD gives. example : in TD with 19players  1st gives 251.12 points and in "table 1st gives 130,955 

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:27:38 AM by jkbrekne »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
I've noticed that too with the testing feature... What I would suggest is that you run a mock tournament, and see if it comes out the same. Also of note for the excel file, I seen one spot where I could simplify things slightly. I changed what's in bold here: 10*(sqrt(n)/sqrt(r))*(1+log(100+1)) to 101, which shouldn't change anything.
---

jkbrekne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »
Have run mock tourney, but the points dont match :(  if nothing else works i can just copy test results to clipboard and paste in word , not perfect but at least the players can see where they need to finish at the end to get on final table :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:54 AM »
The LOG function in Excel is log base 10.  The log function in the TD is log base e.  Change your formula in the TD to use the function log10 instead:

10*(sqrt(n)/sqrt(r))*(1+log10(100+1))

(or, if you're using TD version 3.1 or later, you can add the base as the second argument to the log function: 10*(sqrt(n)/sqrt(r))*(1+log(100+1, 10))

Or, if log base e is what you want, change the function in the Excel spreadsheet:

10*(sqrt(n)/sqrt(r))*(1+log(100+1,2.7182818))