Author Topic: Add ons  (Read 2246 times)

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
Add ons
« on: November 26, 2007, 08:42:39 AM »
There is prob a way to do this but I can not work it out.

Some tourneys I run I allow re-buys or add ons.

Each player has 2 re-buys, but at the break if a player has only used
1 or none of their re-buys they are allowed a add on, if they have used
both re-buys then they can not add on.
At the moment I just rebuy them in at the break but players are complaining that it
is showing a re-buy and not a add on.

I cant seem to set this and I am having to use the add on as a re-buy.

A anyone know how to set this up ?.

Cheers

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Add ons
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 09:46:04 AM »
On the main set up page, on the right hand side there is the set up for the re-buys, and below that the add ons... its seems to simple to overlook, so I might be missing something... can you explain more please?

maybe you mean that at the break there is no option to put a player on a add on? if so, what I do is allow addons to be bought for one extra round. That way, when the next blind round starts up and we haven't put the add ons in yet, we still can.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »
I have seen them, set them up and run tests

but if i allow 2 rebuys, then a player rebuys twice it still allows him a add on.
I can't see anywere that i could set up 2 rebuys or 1 add on but not both, TD seems to allow them both.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 09:18:36 PM »
There isn't any way to make the TD restrict it in this way - you have to note how many rebuys and/or add-ons a player has and restrict them yourself.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 01:20:48 AM »
ok, cheers Corey

Any chance of it going on the to do list ?.

Not a big prob without it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 10:21:35 AM »
This gets into the fact that different people play in distinctly different ways.  In order to accommodate all of the different combinations, the various conditions have to get more complex, or we have to just move on to another "formula" type expressions to validate whether or not a player can rebuy and/or add-on (similar to the conditions on Events).  While these allow for the most flexibility, they also tend to be a little too complex for the average user, so I'd rather avoid it if possible.

While I personally LIKE using formulaic expressions for things like this (it usually means I don't have to code new features because it can already be accomplished with the right formula), again it's just too difficult for the "average" user.  I think it was the right choice for events, because I was constantly getting requests like "I'd like to play a sound when........".  But it is still hard to use for most people, so high on my list right now is figuring out a way to continue using formulas for events but make it simpler for the average person to create and modify them.  Not an easy task.

Until then, I'm going to try to avoid adding them, especially for relatively low-priority features (no offense, but this hasn't been requested by many people, and there's an easy workaround - you just have to do it yourself).

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 01:34:26 AM »
No prob mate.

I see your point, we do ask for to much sometimes ;D

You keep up the good work.