Author Topic: Resetting Tournaments on 2.6.b3  (Read 3999 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Resetting Tournaments on 2.6.b3
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »
Hey Corey - Found another issue with the new beta.  When I start a tourney, and need to reset it, it goes through the screens ok, but does not actually reset the tourney at all - I select reset everything, including the buy ins, but the buy ins stay. I am able to work around the issue, but is kinda annoying. Also tested it without starting the tournament, and still seems to be going on.  I know with the prior versions it would reset it back to where there would be no players added or bought in, but seems like b3 doesn't remove from tourney now, only the buy in... Was this intentional?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Resetting Tournaments on 2.6.b3
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »
strange, ive used it multiple times and reset is working fine on both modes for me on 2.6b3 - undo buy-ins and keep buy-ins

Stu
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:53:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm not seeing that.  Can you verify?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »
Loaded up a previous tournament, clicked Reset, including buy in, and still the players are there, just not bought in. I have restarted my laptop twice... Going to try a reinstall and see if that clears it up
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:22:47 PM by Magic_fubu »
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:33:51 PM »
Hmmm.... A quick reinstall didn't work... going to uninstall and reinstall & see if that clears the air of some of my issues... will report back later with results
---

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 05:52:12 PM »
Guess it can be chalked up to an odd install feature... doing an uninstall, and removing all files afterwards, and reinstalling, it appears that I can reset the tournament the way we're supposed to.
---

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 06:52:51 AM »
There may be an underlying issue...I also had an issue with a bad install, and a full uninstall (including removing all folders in Docs folder) was the only cure

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 09:21:33 AM »
I had seen that, and figured that since I seemed to be the only one with my issue, as you seemed to have been with yours, that Corey would have me completely uninstall and re-install, so I figured I'd beat him to the punch. I'm just thankful that there's another way to export the results. Thanks again Jody!
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »
Loaded up a previous tournament, clicked Reset, including buy in, and still the players are there, just not bought in. I have restarted my laptop twice... Going to try a reinstall and see if that clears it up

I'm confused.  This is exactly what should happen.  If you click Reset, and select "Reset the tournament, including undoing all buy-ins", the tournament should reset to the start, the players should remain but not be bought-in, exactly as you described.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
I'm confused.  This is exactly what should happen.  If you click Reset, and select "Reset the tournament, including undoing all buy-ins", the tournament should reset to the start, the players should remain but not be bought-in, exactly as you described.
It's been to my experience that when I click on reset, that it would undo adding them to the tournament. Having gone to beta 3, seeing that all it would do was undo the buy ins and reset it to pretourney state, I found that to be a bit off. But, having done a complete uninstall, the resetting went back to what I've become accustomed to.
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 10:44:44 PM »
No, "Reset" has never removed players from the tournament.  The idea of "Reset" was initially meant to address two main scenarios: (1) you've started the tournament but something has gone awry and you just want to start over.  So, go back to round 1 to the point just before the tournament has started (this would be resetting the tournament, but keeping players' buy-ins); and (2) you're about to begin a new tournament and you're running basically the same tournament you did "the last time" (same structure, same buy-in, even the same players), so the easiest thing to do is load the last saved tournament, reset it, and save it as a new tournament (reset the tournament, undo all buy-ins).  There's never been a reset option that actually removed players from the tournament.

Just wanted to clarify the functionality.  As long as it's working the way it's supposed to, all good.