Author Topic: Bug report - table counts in main layout  (Read 4601 times)

Crimson

• View Profile
Bug report - table counts in main layout
« on: April 08, 2006, 04:11:16 AM »
I am currently running my weekly tournament and I am down to my heads-up players. However, the "Tables" display on my layout says 1 x 1 instead of 2 x 1. I had another problem with 8 or 9 players each at 2 tables but I will have to try and recreate it and give you specifics. (As I said, as I type this I have two players battling for the prize so I can't fiddle with anything at the moment) :P

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug report - table counts in main layout
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 10:26:29 AM »
I am currently running my weekly tournament and I am down to my heads-up players. However, the "Tables" display on my layout says 1 x 1 instead of 2 x 1. I had another problem with 8 or 9 players each at 2 tables but I will have to try and recreate it and give you specifics. (As I said, as I type this I have two players battling for the prize so I can't fiddle with anything at the moment) :P

Yep.  This is very specific.  When you're down to 2 players, the <tables> token will show 1x1 instead of 2x1.  All other configurations should work.

Fixed for the next version.

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 07:44:50 PM »
I hosted my first tourney on the new software yesterday.  29 players across 4 tables of 8 seats.  I don't think the tables on the screen were ever correct.  At one point, it said 10x1, 9x2.  At another it said 10x1, 8x1.

As we had no other problems, and the seat changes were handled appropriately, I'm not sure why this was messed up.

The man, the myth, the moose!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 08:08:23 PM »
I hosted my first tourney on the new software yesterday.  29 players across 4 tables of 8 seats.  I don't think the tables on the screen were ever correct.  At one point, it said 10x1, 9x2.  At another it said 10x1, 8x1.

As we had no other problems, and the seat changes were handled appropriately, I'm not sure why this was messed up.

This is probably correct.  The <tables> token displays optimal seating layout, not actual seating.  This was done to keep it compatible with version 1.3, to keep to a minimum what would need to be changed for a saved 1.3.x layout to work in 2.0.  In retrospect, this was a poor choice on my part, but it's too late now.  The <currenttables> token displays actual seating.

If you don't set the seatsPerTable attribute of the <tables> token, it assumes 10.  So, even though you actually had 29 players seated at 4 tables of 8 seats, the <tables> token was assuming tables of 10 seats.  With 28 players, that's 10x1, 9x2.  [Although 10x1, 8x1 isn't right, if that's indeed what it displayed; it should have been 9x2.]

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 07:50:19 AM »
It may have been 9x2, Satuday was hectic, so I didn't exactly take notes.   ;)

Thanks for the info!
The man, the myth, the moose!

Crimson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 10:23:18 PM »
I think I did import my 1.3.x layout. I changed it to <currenttables>. Thanks. :)