Author Topic: Prize - fixed 'saver'  (Read 1018 times)

Jolly Bodger

• View Profile
Prize - fixed 'saver'
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:09:35 PM »
In my tournaments I pay out a fixed prize for last place. This is always the same as the entry money paid which is £15

So if I'm paying say 4 prizes then:

1st = 50%
2nd = 30%
3rd = 20%
4th = £15 (fixed)

Up to now on each tournament I simply add a 4th prize of £15 and TD automatically adjusts the first three prizes.

Is there a way of writing this into the prize configuration to save me doing it manually?

JB

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Prize - fixed 'saver'
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »
Sure.  You can setup the Automatic Prizes feature so you don't have to do a thing.  Especially if you have, say, just 4 or 5 prize setups that you always use, based on the number of players (or other factors, but number of players is the most common).

Configure the Automatic Prizes file so that it has your various prize configurations and turn on the Automatic Prizes feature and you're done.  The prizes will adjust automatically as you buy players into the tournament.

Take a look at the user manual included with the software (it's on the Help tab).  Look for the section on Automatic Prizes.  If you need me (or someone else here) to help you configure it, I'm happy to help.  It's not the easiest thing in the world to configure, so don't hesitate to ask for help.  (But it is a one-time configuration and then you should rarely if ever have to touch it again.)