Author Topic: Points in percentage of Pricepool (like prices)  (Read 894 times)

sandroAA

• View Profile
Points in percentage of Pricepool (like prices)
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:18:51 AM »
Hi,

We run a league and always pay the first three places in percent:
1. 50%
2. 30%
3. 20%

example:
20 Players, buy-in 20$ first place gets 200$
I would like to set the points for the league dynamicly according to this price, so for this example, the winner would get 200 Points in the ranking.
Additional, the 4.th player doesn't get a moneyprice, but 50points anyway, no matter how much players where there.

I would like to do that with the points too, but have not found a formula to do so...

Any help?

Best Regards,
Sandro

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Points in percentage of Pricepool (like prices)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:13:34 AM »
Sounds to me like you're going to have to set up prizes in addition to setting up points. You should be able to enter the percentages on the prize tab. New prize, rank = 1, monetary, 50%. Rank 2, monetary, 30%. Same with 3rd place.

Points - you stated 1st gets 200, 4th gets 50, but nothing for 2nd and 3rd. is it 150 and 100 respectively?  If so, on the game tab, on the points for playing box, you could enter in this: switch(r, 1, 200, 2, 150, 3, 100, 4, 50). Another thing worth asking - do the points depend on the amount of players, as the cash prizes do? If that's so, then we need to come up with a formula (something like (n-r+1)*50, for example, which would not work for your case).
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Points in percentage of Pricepool (like prices)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
If you want the points to be the same as the prizes, use this formula (in Points for Playing on the Game tab):

switch(1, prizepool * .5, 2, prizepool * .3, 3, prizepool * .2, 50)

This will also give 50 points to anyone not reaching 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place.  Of course, if you modify your prizes to use different percentages, you'll have to adjust the formula.