Author Topic: layout help- pre-tourney screen  (Read 1044 times)

aquadad

• View Profile
layout help- pre-tourney screen
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »
OK, disclaimer: I really have no idea what I'm doing here.  I would like to set up a pre-tourney screen that is basically a seating chart with table images. From this screen I would like to add players to the tournament through the control buttons on the screen. I've dabbled around with these layouts but I'm still  lost.

Also, is it possible to have the players randomly seated as they buy-in? So far what I've seen is that it will randomely seat at one table at a time. I usually have 2-3 tables and would like to have them randomly seated keeping the tables even.

Thanks in advace for any advice.

Aquadad

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: layout help- pre-tourney screen
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 11:32:19 AM »
OK, disclaimer: I really have no idea what I'm doing here.  I would like to set up a pre-tourney screen that is basically a seating chart with table images. From this screen I would like to add players to the tournament through the control buttons on the screen. I've dabbled around with these layouts but I'm still  lost.

Unfortunately there is currently no layout token that will display the tables as images (for example, a racetrack table image), and you cannot add custom buttons to the built-in screens (so you can't buy-in players from the Seating Chart screen using buttons, but you can using hotkeys).  You would have to settle for the <seatingchart> token:

<seatingchart format="diagram" showEmptyTables="true" columns="3">

Create a new screen on the Layout tab and design it the way you want.  Create a new Screen Set.  Add your new screen to the screen set.  Edit the conditions of the Screen Set and set the Stage to "Before game".  If you've got other screen sets (besides the Default), move the new one to the top of the list.

Also, is it possible to have the players randomly seated as they buy-in? So far what I've seen is that it will randomely seat at one table at a time. I usually have 2-3 tables and would like to have them randomly seated keeping the tables even.

Check the "Auto seat" checkbox on the Add Players or Buy-in Players dialog.  This will automatically seat a player at any available seat, not just one table.

aquadad

• View Profile
Re: layout help- pre-tourney screen
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:45:13 PM »
Thanks! will try this tonight at work if I get some free time.