Author Topic: Cost To Host  (Read 3511 times)

elprime

• View Profile
Cost To Host
« on: August 01, 2008, 05:18:13 PM »
Hi Corey, How about including a Cost tab so you can manage everything that has to do with it.

Like:
Food
Drinks
Dealers
Table Rental fee
Chair Rental fee
ETC

And it can interact with the summary and other tabs

Everybody please express your opinions

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cost To Host
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 05:25:11 PM »
Interesting thought.  Wonder how far it would have to go towards being a general purpose spreadsheet before it would be useful to everyone...

elprime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 05:39:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

It can go as far as you want, but what i am thinking is just very basic topics.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 04:02:49 PM »
Wouldn't be real plus for me, but I can see where it would be great for those running big tourneys and incurring related costs.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 06:30:50 PM »
my thoughts exactly... there are a number of features that are suggested that could help out major tourny runners and lots of features that are better off for small home tournys... Cory, are ya up for discussing a possible split in program??? TD pro and TD home edition... could be an exciting direction for the program eh? *** hey, don't burn me, this is a suggestions forum  ;D ;D ;D***

elprime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 07:55:10 PM »
I don't make a profit from the organization (not that i shouldn't) but it can be easier cus some friends offer help ej. some offer to go and buy dirnks this way i can input the amount of the recipt in the computer and so on. I know that i can do that with a spreadsheet... actually i am but this way it can be seen in the summary tab.

I don't want any thing fancy just some basic stuff i think it will help every body from 1 to multi table tourneys.

Thanks anyway.

bfcadmin

• View Profile
    • Fight Club
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 10:54:48 AM »
I offer for $1 an addl 500 starting chips (everyone gets it every game, the greedy monsters, that $1 goes ot the house towards costs. I also take $5 of the $15 re-buy (avg 4-6 re-buys per tournament). Seems to work, everyone is good with it. It barley covers costs of food & drink, cards, chip maintenence/inventories replacement, buying a fridge, tourney mgmt software, heat for the garage, custom table, etc. of course I keep the tangibles in the long haul but i've carried this tournament four years running and last year we played 50 freaking games, it gets costly.