Author Topic: Screen Set  (Read 5948 times)

PokerPaul

• View Profile
Screen Set
« on: August 19, 2013, 02:53:22 PM »
Help me please, yesterday, just before a tournament,the director let me down. It just says 'The active Screen Set (Default) has no screens defined' and is more or less a blank red screen. The settings page does appear but I cannot load another layout as load and save buttons do not work either. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but same happens. I think I have inadvertently deleted the default tournament screen set, but cannot get it back. What can I do?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 03:14:11 PM by PokerPaul »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Set
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »
Help me please, yesterday, just before a tournament,the director let me down. It just says 'The active Screen Set (Default) has no screens defined' and is more or less a blank red screen. ... I think I have inadvertently deleted the default tournament screen set, but cannot get it back. What can I do?

Settings window -> Preferences tab -> Data Stores button.  Rick-click on the "Active" Data Store line and select "Initialize".  Check the box "Always overwrite existing files" and press OK.  This will copy all of the included templates back out to your data store, which should replace any you've inadvertently deleted.  Exit and restart the TD.

The settings page does appear but I cannot load another layout as load and save buttons do not work either. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but same happens.

Sounds like you've hit this issue: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4343.0

Uninstalling IE10 has been the most successful at fixing this issue.

PokerPaul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 06:24:19 PM »
Thanks again Corey, got my screens back. However cant get save/load buttons to work. Was using chrome on windows 8. As for IE10 to roll back to IE9 cause updates conflict with TD. Ive no idea what they are talking about?? I'll do more research, but please get these guys to use plain English. Just want it to work. Cheers

Muddguts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 10:02:10 PM »
nevermind. All seems to be good now. Carry on  :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:10:06 PM by Muddguts »