Author Topic: Need Help With A Formula  (Read 1485 times)

Adz

• View Profile
Need Help With A Formula
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:49:29 AM »
Hey guys, i'm totally new to tournament director but what a brilliant program you have made, I will defo be buying a licence when the trial runs out!

I am clueless to how the formula system works, is there a tutorial anywhere?

Could someone please put together this formula for me, its in parts to make it simple to digest what i'm after:

players points = number of entants - final position + 1
(basically in a tournament of 50 if you finish 50th you get 1 point if you finish first you get 50 points)

+ winnings - spend
(this meaning if they won £100 they would get 100 points, but if they paid £10 buying-in £20 of rebuys and £5 of addons they would lose the total of 35 points for their spend)

+ 2 x number of hits (eliminations)
(this is the final part, I want to give 2points for every player another player knocks out of the game)

thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help With A Formula
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:41:07 AM »
n - r + 1 + take + nh * 2

The included user manual gives an overview (I wouldn't necessarily call it a tutorial) on formulas, and explains all of the defined variables you can use.  The formula Test dialog also lists all of the variables, and has a brief description of them (by way of the tooltip - hover the mouse over a variable name or right-click on one and select "Show tooltip" to see).

Adz

• View Profile
Re: Need Help With A Formula
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »
thanks alot for that, keep up the good work. i'll be supporting your program for many years!