Author Topic: my load button stopped working  (Read 67219 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: my load button stopped working
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 11:27:22 AM »
It's in the same set of language files.  I can't imagine how re-installing the software would correct some of the missing language strings but not all of them.  Have you selected a different language on the Preferences tab?

Sorry, let me clarify... I meant re-installng IE9 but now that I think of it, I didn't have to re-install IE9 either. Once I downgraded from IE10, IE9 was automatically my default browser version. ...In TD v3.2.1 > Preferences > Language > my default language (and only option in the drop-down list) is "English, US".  Thanks.

I just used the "system Info" button on the Preferenes tab and noticed that Browser Language = "en-US" while User Language = "en-CA". --- Would this make any difference to the behaviour of TD?  Thanks.

The TD doesn't try to detect your language.  There's only one language catalog shipped with the software, so detecting the system language setting really wouldn't matter because the TD only knows English.  :)

If you haven't already, try installing the TD software again.  You don't need to uninstall it, just install it again.  That will just replace all of the code and language files.

big_alv77

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 09:06:29 PM »
No luck. Re-installing the software did not resolve the "comments" issue on the Game tab.  If someone can please provide the "wording" of the 3 banners (Buy-in,  Rebuys, Add-ons) I can create new profiles and set them to default, along with, deleting the corrupt ones.  I'll see if that is a sufficient workaround. Thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
The name of the default profile you get, for buy-ins, rebuys, and add-ons, is "Master".

In fact, you could just edit the language file (C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 3\lang\en-us\messages.properties) and add the following line:

General.Profile.Master=Master

That seems to be all that's missing from yours.  Still can't figure out how that can happen.

big_alv77

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »
In fact, you could just edit the language file (C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 3\lang\en-us\messages.properties) and add the following line:

General.Profile.Master=Master
Thanks, Corey.  The entry already exists in the file.  I think I'll try to create a new profile within the software.  I'll call it "master" and set it to default, then delete the original one.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 10:04:13 AM »
Do you have a default tournament configured?  That might explain why it continues to come up this way.  If at some point their was a language file issue causing each of the default profiles to be named in this bogus way, and you saved a tournament and made it the default, it would no longer matter if the language file issue was fixed since the profiles in that saved tournament are already misnamed.

big_alv77

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 09:18:29 PM »
Do you have a default tournament configured?  That might explain why it continues to come up this way.  If at some point their was a language file issue causing each of the default profiles to be named in this bogus way, and you saved a tournament and made it the default, it would no longer matter if the language file issue was fixed since the profiles in that saved tournament are already misnamed.
I think you've nailed it, Corey.  I read the above note and proceeded to launch TD.  I went to Preferences tab> Config Files button> and reset the "Default Tournament" field > OK button. ...I then exited and re-launched TD.  The Game tab now shows "Profile: Master (Default)" without the quotes for Buy-in, Rebuys, and Add-ons.  Thank you very much for your continued support, Corey.  I do appreciate it. Have a great day!

PokerPaul

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 06:32:10 PM »
How do you install internet explore 9?. When I downloaded it said that internet explorer 9 was already installed. I was using chrome on windows 8. Is this the problem? Can TD3 be used on Win 8? on chrome? what are add-ons? please explain in ordinary language guys. please spell it out for me. cheers

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »
Paul,

I use Chrome as my default browser, and I have yet to have an issue wtih TTD. The version of IE depends on when you got your computer. Since yours is telling you you have IE 9 and not IE 10, you should be good to go. Add ons for the browser are programs for the browser to customize and personalize the browser to your preference.  This help some?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 11:45:25 AM »
How do you install internet explore 9?. When I downloaded it said that internet explorer 9 was already installed. I was using chrome on windows 8. Is this the problem? Can TD3 be used on Win 8? on chrome? what are add-ons? please explain in ordinary language guys. please spell it out for me. cheers

The TD runs inside of Internet Explorer, so IE is required (no other browsers work with the TD and it doesn't matter what browsers you have installed or use on a daily basis).

If you're running Windows 8, you can only run IE10 and there's no way to roll back to IE9.  Microsoft made it that way on purpose.  Unfortunately for this situation, it means you can't try that method to fix the load/save buttons.

Something that I haven't suggested before is to upgrade to IE11 and give that a shot.  If you upgrade to IE11 and it doesn't work, you could then uninstall IE11, effectively rolling back to IE10, and see if that has an effect.  Seems a bit superfluous but someone posted that the Windows automatic update to IE10 broke the TD (load/save button issue), uninstalling IE10 fixed it, and later this person was able to install IE10 and the TD continued to function correctly.  So, since we don't know what's causing the issue, but this could be completely irrelevant but you never know.

*IE11 is currently in "developer preview" stage.  You can download it here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages
Actually, it might not yet be available for Windows 8, so that may not be an option, either.

Q-Prof

• Quality Gaming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2013, 05:13:39 AM »
Has anyone found a solid solution to the load button not working.  It is not working for my system also.  I am running Win 7 pro 64 bit with all the latest system updates.
I uninstalled it and re-installed latest version of TD, but same issues on this system.
Also when I start the program it wants admin system rights when starting.. i.e. screen dims and asks permission prior to starting this app.

I am also running the latest version on my laptop too, which works there (windows xp pro all system updates) but also have issues:

Update issue - when I updated my version from 2.5 to 3.2 I have been getting some errors when clicking on the load button:

Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6f7c 4 75b6f7c  75b6f7c with the option of Cancel, Try Again, Continue

... so I cancel twice, then it is fine (the cancel is the only button out of the three that works
Not sure what is causing this but it is another issue that normally does not happen.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Pete D

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:19 AM »
Has anyone found a solid solution to the load button not working.

Am curious myself... I downloaded the trial version and reverted back to IE9 to get it working. Would like to know of a solution for IE10+ before purchasing.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 01:51:45 PM »
Unfortunately, no, there's been no *real* progress on this.  Well over 50% of the cases of this issue that have been reported to me have been resolved by uninstalling IE10.  For many of those particular cases, installing IE10 after fixing the problem by uninstalling IE10 did not cause the issue to reappear.  Most don't really care what version of IE is installed, so they leave their system as-is after removing IE10.  But so far I haven't heard of anyone having this issue, then uninstalling IE10 (and thus fixing the issue), and then re-installing IE10 and having the issue return.  Rather, once it's fixed it has stayed fixed.

Also when I start the program it wants admin system rights when starting.. i.e. screen dims and asks permission prior to starting this app.

Normal, expected, as designed.  There are several reasons for this.  For example, the TD installs a Microsoft Active-X control to allow it to use system file, font, and color dialogs.  Without admin privileges, the install would not work properly.  The "install" doesn't happen at actual application installation time, instead the install occurs on-demand.  That is, when the TD application declares it needs to use the control, it will be installed if it's not already there.

Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6f7c 4 75b6f7c  75b6f7c with the option of Cancel, Try Again, Continue

Can't say what this is, but it isn't coming from the TD (at least not directly).  Could be that the TD is somehow misunderstanding where on your system that your "Documents" folder resides, and it is using an incorrect drive letter when opening the "Load" dialog.  Have you modified any of the config file preferences?  This would be the "Config Files" button on the Preferences tab.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »
Has anyone found a solid solution to the load button not working.

Am curious myself... I downloaded the trial version and reverted back to IE9 to get it working. Would like to know of a solution for IE10+ before purchasing.

To be clear, I can't say whether or not this is IE10 related.  It might be coincidental that it has affected many people when IE was upgraded to 10, and that it was fixed by downgrading to IE9.  I know that sounds a bit silly (and even sillier to type), but there are plenty of people using IE10 with the TD with absolutely no problems, myself included.  In fact, I've installed IE10 on several PCs and still cannot reproduce this issue.  This one has proved very frustrating.

BobP

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
I am having the same issue. I was using The Tournament Director 2 and the auto save and load buttons stopped working. We had just installed Norton 360 a few days before. I decided to upgrade to The Tournament Director 3. Everything worked fine until I went to actually run the tournament. Had to input everything by hand. Nothing would load or save. Still having the same issue. We are using Internet Explorer 10. May try what other suggested and go back to 9.  Bob

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »
Thanks for the update, BobP.  This has probably been the most frustrating issue I've encountered so far simply because I haven't yet figured out what is causing it, nor can I reproduce it.

Thanks for the tidbit on Norton 360.  I'll try installing it and seeing what happens.  If you do try rolling back to IE9, I would appreciate it if you would let us know the outcome.