Author Topic: Auto Seating  (Read 3769 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Auto Seating
« on: January 01, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »
TD is not seating players when I enter them into the tournament. Auto-Seat is checked. They are being seated only when I buy them in, but when I buy them in, TD is printing a receipt (I only need to print when they pay)ps. v2.6 B4

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Seating
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 09:20:46 PM »
TD is not seating players when I enter them into the tournament. Auto-Seat is checked. They are being seated only when I buy them in, but when I buy them in, TD is printing a receipt (I only need to print when they pay)ps. v2.6 B4

You lost me.  Auto-seat is only an option when buying players into the tournament. 

If receipts are enabled, a receipt would be created at buy-in, and that is typically when a player pays, right?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 10:48:33 PM »
It would be ideal for me to have players assigned a seat as soon as I register their name in a tournament (without buying-in). The reason for this is it allows me to move players manually if husband & wife (or two friends) are seated at the same table before a receipt is printed.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »
So, you use the "Allow players to be seated before buying-in" option, but need an "Auto seat" checkbox on the "Add Players to Tournament" dialog ... ?

Smokin420s

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
i dont know if this will help but here goes

use the 2.6b4 beta verison.

pref tab - behavior categories - check allow hotkeys

use the ctrl-a hotkey when adding players . TD will autoseat nicely. i wouldnt recommend checking the autoseat in settings or buy-in unless you expect a hugh turnout. use the ctrl-a hotkey (add player) TD will autoseat nicely.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »
I need to register names without "buying" them in (over the phone reservations) and have TD automatically assign them a seat. I will try the hotkey solution as soon as I can

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
Ok, here is the issue I have with the add player hotkey solution. TD presents me with a dialog box to auto-seat the players. The ideal situation for me is for an option to auto-seat without presenting me with this dialog box asking me to move the players from unseated to their seat. Next, I used 8 tables as a template and entered names one at a time and TD sat my players all at the same table. When I reach my eleventh player, TD assigned a seat at a new table and then wants to move players from the original table to the new table to balance.
All I require is when I add a player for TD to randomly assign a seat and automatically seat him there without any intervention on my behalf. Even if the player hasn't bought in or paid in full.
My club currently averages 110 players per tournament and registration (and payment) is done within 60-90 minutes so speed is a factor when registering.
Thanks
Jody

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 10:24:48 PM »
Ok, here is the issue I have with the add player hotkey solution. TD presents me with a dialog box to auto-seat the players. The ideal situation for me is for an option to auto-seat without presenting me with this dialog box asking me to move the players from unseated to their seat.

The reason for this, of course, is that the TD suggests player movement.  It doesn't force it.  Thus, you are asked if you want to apply the movement suggestion.  I suppose a preference could be added to skip the confirmation at Auto Seat time.

Next, I used 8 tables as a template and entered names one at a time and TD sat my players all at the same table. When I reach my eleventh player, TD assigned a seat at a new table and then wants to move players from the original table to the new table to balance.

I don't know how this could be happening, if you are using the Auto Seat feature.  Auto Seat specifically seats the players at completely random seats, with no balancing algorithm involved.  I just tried this from the Players tab, adding players and buying-in at the same time; from the Game window, adding players and buying-in at the same time; and from the Players tab, adding first, then buying-in separately.  All with Auto Seat enabled.  All were sat at random across 3 tables.  I did this before the tournament started and while the tournament was already running.  The software did not try to balance the tables at any time (although it did indicate, with the "unbalanced tables" icon that floats on the Game window, that the tables were unbalanced).

All I require is when I add a player for TD to randomly assign a seat and automatically seat him there without any intervention on my behalf. Even if the player hasn't bought in or paid in full.
My club currently averages 110 players per tournament and registration (and payment) is done within 60-90 minutes so speed is a factor when registering.

I will put a note on the to-do list about auto-seating before buying in.  It's reasonable that this would be possible since there is an option to seat players before buying them in.  But I can't guarantee its priority.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »
If memory serves, the seating players at the same table happened using a AddPlayer hotkey from the tables tab and checking the Buy in now and auto seat checked.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 04:40:01 PM »
Same results for me (the players are seated randomly).  If you try this now, what do you see?  Are you able to repeat this weird behavior?