Author Topic: 7 Stud Layout Help  (Read 2011 times)

Yum Man

• View Profile
7 Stud Layout Help
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:28:41 AM »
I am essentially "programming and html" challenged, and I need some help. Our club is adding a 7 Stud tournament to our schedule and I'm trying to set up a layout screen to indicate something like the following:

Limit 1: $10 / Limit 2: $20 / Ante: $1 / Bring In: $5

I've gone to the layout tab and attempted to change the Blinds Cell to reflect those changes (with the exception of the "Bring-in"). I thought once I could get the first three to work, I could figure out how to add "Bring-In", but alas, nothing works. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but have no idea what. After I make the changes, the only thing that shows up when I go to the tournament is "Blinds: $0 / $0".

Hope that's enough info. Thanks in advance for the help. Tourney coming up soon.

d.

jeff b

• View Profile
Re: 7 Stud Layout Help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 08:14:25 AM »
It doesn't sound like you made any changes to the cells on your layout. First, I would use the small blind field for your bring-in. Then you'll want to get rid of the "Blinds" cell on your layout and replace it with cells for Limits (Stakes), Ante, and Bring-in. Just create a cell for the bring-in, make your text "bring-in" and then use the <smallblind> token. Essentially, it would look like:

Bring-in: <smallblind>

Hope that helps. Have fun. We do a couple HORSE tourneys a year, but sadly there are only a couple of guys in my group that would ever do an entire stud tourney.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »
I don't play much (any) stud poker really.  If anyone has modified the default layout for stud play, I'll add it to the software as an included layout. 

Yum Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:13:40 AM »
Corey and Jeff:

Thank you for your assistance. with your help, I was able to get it working. I have to do a dry run to see if everything runs smoothly but I think it's fine. This is my first attempt at running a 7-Stud tournament. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks, again. And again, great program.

d.

jeff b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 09:28:32 AM »
Good luck. If you have any more questions, just ask.

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:29:01 PM »
I am running a 7 card game along with the usual NLHE. 7 card is our 2nd game of the day. it was fairly popular in the first hald of the season, but attendance is dropping. after this season i probably will offer it as a side game of sorts. i have a very good 3 to 3 and a half hour structure set up. i shuold be able to send the file to you if you like. i have gotten pretty good at running this type tournament. of course it's easy when there are only 10 players! anyway, anyone can reach me at fouracespoker@yahoo.com. please make sure you reference this site as well as "7 card".
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Certified Tournament Director
Tournament Directors Association
Four Aces Poker
"Can you beat Four Aces?"