Author Topic: How do I work behind the projected screen?  (Read 2359 times)

ldg67

• View Profile
How do I work behind the projected screen?
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:37:17 AM »
Whenever I have to remove a player or move a player or anything I need to do during the tournament it is projected on to a couple of other screens. How do I keep this activity on the main computer screen and not on the projected screens.  Basically, I don't want to interrupt what the players see while I'm taking care of tournament adjustments. There's got to be a way!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: How do I work behind the projected screen?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:58:06 AM »
at the moment you have I presume your screen set-up as a duplicated display.

You need to right click your windows desktop with the screen(s) plugged in then click "display properties" note the screen resolution which is being used, as to keep things simple you'll need this shortly. change the option of multiple displays to "extend the display" then apply the settings.

Now ensure your display #2 resolution matches the resolution you were already using and apply any change.

Launch TD and goto Preferences > Display Properties
enter the extended display screen resolution you noted earlier into the extended display properties and then click "Move and size to Extended Display"

Each time after this you can either goto the "Move and Size" in preferences or you can add it to your dashboard to save you going through the tab.  TD and windows both remember the settings you have entered for that display (note plugging a new splitter/lcd/projector etc will require you to set it up on the windows display properties before use)

Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do I work behind the projected screen?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 01:01:11 AM »
If you're using version 3.2 (or later), go to Preferences -> Display Management.  There you can tell the TD where to open windows.  This way you can easily keep windows off of the display that you show to your players.