Author Topic: Bad Beat Jackpot  (Read 1896 times)

Asphyxiates

• View Profile
Bad Beat Jackpot
« on: January 16, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »
I run a monthly tournament throughout the year (12 tourneys) www.crackingpoker.co.uk And am getting slightly better thanks largley to the TD programme and help from other posts here. Ill be honest, Im as technical as a 7 year old but would really like to jazz up my layout from what I have. I have tried loading other peoples but have realised they must be using the newer 2.6 software, im currently on 2.5.12 (sorry corey). Does anyone have any good layouts I can use? Also Im wondering (a) can my current points formulae  max(1, n - r + 1) + if(n < 11, switch(r, 1,3, 2, 2, 3, 1), switch(r, 1, 8, 2, 6, 3, 4, 4, 2)) be tweaked a bit to show that the player of the year need only count 10 out of 12 tourneys to qualify and (b) is there anyway to add some sort of bad beat jackpot stats?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Bad Beat Jackpot
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »
I don't have any layouts held over from 2.5.12 (sorry). However, to show the best ten of twelve tourneys, With the Season points (and possibly as it's own formula, but idk for sure), you want to put in this:

top(10, scores)

This would allow you to do bi-monthly tournaments, and still show just the top ten results. As far as a bad beat jackpot, TD doesn't do this (as far as I'm aware). About the only way I can think of to do this would be to create a prize (and lock it so it's not accidentally erased), and manually award it. Unfortunately, to fully track it, I would say do it via excel, or even note pad, depending on how/what you need to be displayed.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Asphyxiates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 06:30:05 AM »
Cheers, Magic. Where do I put that code? Is it incorporated within my current formulae?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:04:51 AM »
You'll have the formula on the game tab for the points for the tournament, which you'll want to leave alone. On the stats tab, where you make the formula for the season, you'll have the one formula to compile the points. However, it should allow for multiple formulas to be entered in. On the second box, that's where I believe that it needs to be put in.

If all you're doing is adding up the points, you may even be able to get away with sum(top(10, scores)) and get away with it in the one box for overall scoring.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

jhanna4112

• View Profile
    • Joe's Garage 127
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »
Regarding the Bad Beat Jackpot, there might be a way to track the total in the pool.  Create a rake calling it Bad Beat 1.  When you run your stats include Bad Beat 1 as a column.  After the Bad Beat occurs you create a new rake, Bad Beat 2, delete the Bad Beat 1 Column and add the Bad Beat 2 column to your stats.  Of course this assumes that all players contribute to it, I don't know if there is way to specify if only certain players are involved in contributing.  I know this might cumbersome, but it should work and besides, unless Phil Hellmuth plays in your game, how often would somebody hit the jackpot?

As far as awarding it, I agree with Magic that you need to do that manually.

Asphyxiates

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »
You'll have the formula on the game tab for the points for the tournament, which you'll want to leave alone. On the stats tab, where you make the formula for the season, you'll have the one formula to compile the points. However, it should allow for multiple formulas to be entered in. On the second box, that's where I believe that it needs to be put in.

If all you're doing is adding up the points, you may even be able to get away with sum(top(10, scores)) and get away with it in the one box for overall scoring.
I tried that code and it didnt work! As for the bad beat jackpot, ill have a go! To be honest you are right, prob too tiresome

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »
Hmmm... I must admit that tournament formulas are not my forte... Sorry it didn't work out for you! Hopefully someone else can jump on and steer you in the right direction :)
---