Author Topic: Point system not calculated correctly  (Read 2044 times)

Mr.Big Slick

• View Profile
Point system not calculated correctly
« on: August 07, 2006, 02:46:40 AM »
I run a league style tournament at my house and the point system is set up to give points as follows for 14 players.

14 points for 1st place going down to 1 point for 14th place...

However..in the stats page where the points should show this the points are all incorrect.

At first it was awarding double points (28 for 1st) now I get 1st correctly showing as 14 but everything else is all messed up...

I have tried EVERYTHING...but still no good.... the formula tested correctly but the stats still show up wrong...can anyone help??

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Point system not calculated correctly
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »
Well, the Stats page really only shows summations (and averages) of what is computed for each tournament.  The same code that computes points for your tournament, for example, is used when computing stats, so they should (and will) be the same.

So, check that your stats are for the tournaments you believe they are.  Press the Info button on the Stats tab to see which tournaments were loaded and which passed your filter.

Mr.Big Slick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »
Yes there is only one game that we played...I was under the impression that after the game was done the director would complie a list with everyone ranked according to their finsih...and when we meet again and play that the results from that game would be added resulting in new rankings according to those finishes...and so on as we play the duration of the league...

lethargicdolt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 09:31:03 PM »
You can also look in your players tab for the completed tournament and see if your results are correct there. We do two games a night, so I always double check stats for individual tournaments before in the Players tab before they get combined in the Stats Tab...
If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the numbers...
Homer Simpson