Author Topic: Tag Team Event  (Read 2490 times)

Lafrog

• View Profile
Tag Team Event
« on: November 15, 2015, 03:51:53 PM »
Hi Corey,

I just ran my first ever Tag Team Event using TD and I must say it could have ran a bit smoother...

First of all, here is a break down on the tournament itself:
  • Teams of two players
  • First 4 levels are played individually
  • Teammates combine their stack prior to the start of Level 5
  • Every teams get reseated.
  • Teammates alternate at the end of each level

Now for the hurdles:
  • Nowhere to specify a team name in the database
  • I had to manually check if teammates were seated at the same table (initially)
  • I had to manually bust half (well close to it) of the players between the 4th and 5th level. This took a bit of time and I had all my players standing by for me to assign them a new seat (not stressing at all).

Is there a way we could included this kind of tournament into TD or at least some functionalities that could help us in the future?

TIA
Michel

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tag Team Event
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »
I haven't ever run or played in a "Tag Team" tournament, so I admittedly don't know much about it.

Nowhere to specify a team name in the database
There has been a request I'm hoping to get to that would allow for color-coding players.  This could help identify teams I suppose.

I had to manually check if teammates were seated at the same table (initially)
I don't know if there's much you'll be able to do about this, as the TD will only move randomly (with a few biases).  I suppose if the color-coding of players extended to the Tables tab, you could at least see whether or not two players of the same color were at the same table.

I had to manually bust half (well close to it) of the players between the 4th and 5th level. This took a bit of time and I had all my players standing by for me to assign them a new seat (not stressing at all).
What would you suggest?

Lafrog

• View Profile
Re: Tag Team Event
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 02:31:29 PM »
I haven't ever run or played in a "Tag Team" tournament, so I admittedly don't know much about it.

Nowhere to specify a team name in the database
There has been a request I'm hoping to get to that would allow for color-coding players.  This could help identify teams I suppose.
If we could then sort the table by those Colors/Icons/team Names, the yes that would help

I had to manually check if teammates were seated at the same table (initially)
I don't know if there's much you'll be able to do about this, as the TD will only move randomly (with a few biases).  I suppose if the color-coding of players extended to the Tables tab, you could at least see whether or not two players of the same color were at the same table.
Yes for sure

I had to manually bust half (well close to it) of the players between the 4th and 5th level. This took a bit of time and I had all my players standing by for me to assign them a new seat (not stressing at all).
What would you suggest?

Easiest way here would be able to select multiple players and bust them all at once FROM THE PLAYERS TAB with the help of a "sort by color/icon/team" function.