Author Topic: Show a message to cash desk about re-register player's own card  (Read 1657 times)

Linker_Split

• View Profile
Show a message to cash desk about re-register player's own card
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:20:55 AM »
Hi guys
in our club, we use RFID badge cards to register players into the tournament, and the cost per card is about 10,00€
The cost is per year and now I have a big problem about speeding up the re-registration of the same cards.
Normally, I could open the Excel file and check everytime a player comes to play but... it's not possible!
Then... I thought to use the TD as checking program.

What I want to do is to create an event which will trigger if the date of registration has passed one year.
Do you think it's possible?

If so, any hint?
I saw that in formula mode, I can use some values like ID where I could save the date one player register...
any help?
Thank you!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Show a message to cash desk about re-register player's own card
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 01:41:15 PM »
You *could* save the date in the ID field, but it's just a field with no special meaning.  There's nothing in the TD application that would treat it as a date, and thus no way to trigger an event when a year has passed.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »
You *could* save the date in the ID field, but it's just a field with no special meaning.  There's nothing in the TD application that would treat it as a date, and thus no way to trigger an event when a year has passed.
Is there any way to have a variable displaying the current date of the day?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 03:23:43 PM »

I don't understand.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »

I don't understand.
Like there's the timeOfDay variable, is there any variable which is used to display the date of the day?
In this way I could comprare the ID saved from the players' card to this variable

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
No, unfortunately not.  And a player's ID isn't available to formulas/conditions.