Author Topic: new tournament director need alot of help  (Read 4246 times)

09Rich

• View Profile
new tournament director need alot of help
« on: February 02, 2010, 10:55:15 AM »
When it comes to math and computers I am a retard. Can some one help me with this point formula and does anybody have any cool layout)s for tournament screen they could send me. How do you get banners on your tournament screen like when is the next game.
    The points formula is (# of playes x 10) - (# of place x 10) + 10
                                     # of players felted x 10
                                      Penalty = 25% of total points  of rebuy

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: new tournament director need alot of help
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:57:34 AM »
I'm a little confused by this.  If the formula you want is "(# of playes x 10) - (# of place x 10) + 10", then use:

(n * 10) - (r * 10) + 10

But I don't know what this part means "# of players felted x 10" in the context of what you said.  And where is the "Penalty" supposed to be applied?  Should it be added to the formula?  And what is "25% of total points of rebuy"?

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:18:19 PM »
I would guess that "number of players felted * 10" = 10 points per hit.

That makes the formula (n - r + 1 + nh) * 10

Maybe the last part is a penalty of 1/4 of your points if you rebuy (or per rebuy if you allow multiple)?  I don't think that's possible.  Maybe just penalize 10 or more points per rebuy instead?

09Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
OK thanks for all the help. What I am trying to say is you get 10 points for every player you knock out of the tournament. How would I do a 25% penalty for re buying. Corey Cooper thanks for the response and for making a great tournament clock.

09Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 07:58:33 PM »
I put in the points formula and it gave every player 100.000 points. What I am I doing wrong.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »
I don't know what is wrong.  Which formula did you enter?  Neither "(n * 10) - (r * 10) + 10" nor "(n - r + 1 + nh) * 10" will give 100 points for every player, since the formula relies on the player's rank.

What does a 25% penalty for rebuying mean?  25% of what?  Do you mean to subtract 25 percent of the player's current points total if they rebuy?  And does it matter how many rebuys?  Or does 2 rebuys indicate the player loses 50% of their points, for example?

09Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 11:00:41 AM »
25% penalty from total tournamet points. You are only allowed to rebuy once per tournament. Yea subtract 25%  from player's current points for rebuy.

We have all ready played 2 tournaments. I entered the formula (n * 10) - (r * 10) + 10 and for overall score 100.00. One player has score of 99.9955

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »
OK, that makes a little more sense.  You originally talked about a "points" formula.  This formula would go in the "Points for Playing" entry on the Game tab, and would calculate each player's Points value for a tournament.

The Tournament Score formula, on the Stats tab, works pretty much the same way as the Points for Playing formula on the Game tab, so you can use the same formula.  This will compute a value for each player, for each tournament that is included in statistics calculations on the Stats tab.  The Overall Score formula is used to combine each Tournament Score for a final, overall value.

For your points formula, this should work:

(n - r + 1) * if(nr > 0, 7.5, 10)

If you test this with a tournament of 10 players, the player ranked 1st place will receive 100 points.  They'll receive 75 points if they have any rebuys.

So, are you trying to compute stats at this point, or are you testing this for a single tournament?

09Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 08:14:11 AM »
Again thanks for all the help and great software. At this point I am trying to compute stats. I run a league we meet once a month. I tested the software for one tournament last year and liked it. So this year I bought it. Thanks for all the help I hope to be able to get this right.

09Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
I have got the points right. One last thing how do I add 10 points for every person you knock out of the tournament.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 12:03:45 PM »
(n - r + 1) * if(nr > 0, 7.5, 10) + (nh * 10)

09Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »
I got thanks for all your help.