Author Topic: Overall Score  (Read 1872 times)

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
Overall Score
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:22:56 AM »
Hi!
Can someone explain to me how this Overall Score works? If I use the default formula ( (1-exp(-average(scores))) * 100 ), how does TD calculate the figures for Overall Score (ie. 81.2345)? Today I use points from standard formula log((n + 1) / r) and are happy with that but if a user plays 10 times, he/she of course ends up in the top of the ranking list then a player that plays 5 times.

Just trying to figure out if this a more accurate/fair way to use a Ranking list.

Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Overall Score
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
If you want the top point earners from the season to be showing, I recommend using sum(scores) and that'll total them up for you when you run the stats.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »
Someone more mathematically inclined is going to have to explain the formula to you.  If I recall correctly, that is a fairly standard formula that was floating around at the time I created version 2.0.  The intention, again if I recall correctly, is to more accurately rank players even when players have participated in differing numbers of events.  That's pretty much all I can tell you without doing a lot more investigation.

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 12:22:09 AM »
If you want the top point earners from the season to be showing, I recommend using sum(scores) and that'll total them up for you when you run the stats.
Please explain more? Is that a formula or just a view in TD?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:45 AM »
For the games themselves, the scoring you want you would need to put in to the "points for playing box". If you have a season set up, you need to go to the "Overall Score" and put in the sum(scores) there, and that should clear it up. If that's still not clear, let me know - I'll be up for a bit yet tonight, but in either case, if I need to I'll go through it and provide exact step-by-step with the program running and explain it as I'm going along in a post.

Edit - To answer, the stats tab is a view, if you edit the season, the box that comes up would be a view (but neither are a screen that will display, unless you only use the one monitor). Where you enter the sum(scores) into is a view, but in of itself, sum(scores) is a formula, that looks at all the points a player has earned for the tournaments that pass the filter, and totals them up.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:58:37 AM by Magic_fubu »
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!