Author Topic: No file (load/save) dialogs  (Read 44017 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No file (load/save) dialogs
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 11:52:54 AM »
I've uploaded version 2.5.4, but have not yet made it public.  This version contains ONLY a change in the way Active-X controls are instantiated - there are no other differences from version 2.5.3.

Someone who is experiencing this issue, please download and install this version.  Confidence isn't too high, but I'm crossing my fingers.  Thanks in advance.

Download here: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/TournamentDirector254.exe

Edit: version 2.5.4 is no longer available.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:00:40 PM by Corey Cooper »

gutshot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »
Hi Corey

I downloaded and tried the new version 2.5.4, but unfortunately I still have the same problem as it still will not save. Wish I had better news to report.

Johnny

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 12:37:12 PM »
Thanks for trying it.  Do sounds still work?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 01:25:39 PM »
Something else to try (any version of the TD is fine):

In the Game Window, right-click on the clock and select "Edit Clock Properties".  Change the HTML to:

Code: [Select]
<object classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"></object>
Press OK to close the dialog.  You should see the clock change to an embedded Windows Media Player.  There won't be a video or audio file open, and there's no way to open one, but you should be able to interact with the controls that are visible (volume control, for example).  Does this work for you?

Next, right-click on the clock and again select "Edit Clock Properties".  Change the HTML to:

Code: [Select]
<span onclick="CDControl.ShowOpen()"><object id="CDControl" classid="CLSID:F9043C85-F6F2-101A-A3C9-08002B2F49FB"></object>click</span>
Press OK to close the dialog.  This time, you should see the word "click", and when you click (left-click), you should (hopefully) get a "load" file dialog.  Does this work for you?

Robbs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 03:05:22 PM »
Hi Corey,

I have just tried changing the html in the edit clock settings and after the final stage I got an error window and it contained this information:
Object doesn't support this property or method (GameTab, TournamentPage: 1)

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Code Name: Mozilla
Browser Language: en-us
Browser Minor Version: 0
Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Cookies Enabled: true
CPU Class: x86
Date: 8:50:03 pm 12/21/2008
DB File: C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2\db/td.db
DB Folder: C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2\db
Home: C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2
JScript Build: 18066
JScript Version: 5.7
Media Player Version: 11.0.5721.5230
Online: true
Platform: Win32
System Language: en-us
TD Version: 2.5.3
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
User Language: en-gb

Same occurs on version 2.5.4

Hope this helps?

Robb
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 03:09:49 PM by Robbs »

Robbs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 03:36:13 PM »
Hi Corey...... me again :)

Right after the changing the html plan did not work for me I tried uninstalling IE 7 updates!

Running TD Version 2.5.3 btw

First to go was KB960714 installed 19/12/2008 and then rebooted and tried TD and still had same problem :(

Next to go was KB958215 installed 11/12/2008, rebooted then tried TD and it works like it should. I have turned off automatic updates (as already it wanted to reinstall the updates) and I have rebooted a couple more times and each time tried TD and all seems fine :D

I am running Window's XP Pro SP3

I hope this also helps ?

Cheers

Robb

dodgerfan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 05:07:35 PM »
I downloaded and installed 2.5.4 and I'm still experiencing the same issues and sounds still worked.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »
Someone who is still experiencing this issue and has used the "regedit" tool before, please do the following:

- Start regedit (on the Windows Start menu, select Run..., then enter "regedit" and press Enter)
- Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer"
- Right click on the "Internet Explorer" key and select "Export"
- Enter a filename and press the Save button
- Email the exported file to support@thetournamentdirector.net (you *may* need to rename the file - some email programs and providers won't allow a ".reg" file to be sent or received; change the ".reg" extension to ".txt")

SIMONJP77

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 01:02:48 AM »
Hi Corey,

Am using Vista Home Premimum sp1.

Have tried using Robbs advice about uninstalling updates kb960714, and kb658215 and rebooting.

unfortunately this made no difference, still unable to save/load etc.

I do however have sounds.

hope this might help

simon

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 11:26:46 AM »
Here's a potential fix for this issue.  I've attached a "reg" file to this post.  This is a Windows Registry file.  Download the file (right-click on the file below and select "Save As..."), and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click the file.  You should see a dialog asking if you want to import the information into the registry, like this:

Press the "Yes" button.  If you are running Vista, you will most likely first be prompted with an "elevation" dialog, telling you that the system needs your permission in order to run the file.  Agree to this.

Start up the TD and try to load/save.  Hopefully, you'll get the file selection dialog this time.

Note: You must be a registered member of the forums to see attached files.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:01:12 PM by Corey Cooper »

SIMONJP77

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »
Hi Corey,

That seems to do the trick, can load/save etc,  all seems to be good.

thanks

Simon

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »
Very good to hear.  Anyone else?  Obviously this is a critical issue, and I want to get out a fix ASAP.

nascar4696

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 03:44:51 PM »
Hey Corey,
I have been having the same problems on my laptop with Vista. No Load/Save. I also had no sounds. After using the registry fix I now have ability to Load/Save but still have no sound. I get this message when starting TD   'There was an error accessing Windows Media Player. Sounds may not play. Tournament Director requires Windows Media Player 7 or greater.'
I have Windows Media Player 11. When I try to play a sound as you instructed in above post I get this error:
There was a problem: Name: Typeerror Number: 10-5007 Description: 'controls' is null or not an object Message: controls is null or not an object

Scott
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:56:43 PM by nascar4696 »

dodgerfan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 05:11:56 PM »
Corey,

It looks like you found the fix with the "reg" file everything is back to normal.   

Thanks!

gutshot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 11:04:25 PM »
Here's a potential fix for this issue.  I've attached a "reg" file to this post.  This is a Windows Registry file.  Download the file (right-click on the file below and select "Save As..."), and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click the file.  You should see a dialog asking if you want to import the information into the registry, like this:

Press the "Yes" button.  If you are running Vista, you will most likely first be prompted with an "elevation" dialog, telling you that the system needs your permission in order to run the file.  Agree to this.

Worked for me.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Corey.
Start up the TD and try to load/save.  Hopefully, you'll get the file selection dialog this time.