Author Topic: Layouts, layouts, layouts  (Read 1347 times)

Lafrog

• View Profile
Layouts, layouts, layouts
« on: May 07, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a walkthtough/tutorial/advanced tutorial on building/working with layouts?

TIA

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Layouts, layouts, layouts
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 07:58:05 PM »
I don't think so.
                            Sorry  Timmer

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 10:56:43 PM »
Nothing as useful as that, unfortunately no.  :(

But the included user manual does go into some pretty decent detail.  And aside from how Property Sets and Conditions function, layouts are really just HTML.  Most of the properties you can edit are just conveniences for those unfamiliar with HTML.  If you want to know what you can do with cells, I suggest using any of a 1000 online tutorials on HTML.  Inserting tournament data into a cell is done using layout "tokens", which are exactly like HTML elements.  To make constructing those easier, you just press the "Insert Token" button when editing the Contents of a cell.  That opens the "Token Builder" dialog which has information on every token available, and allows you to interactively build up the token you want to use.

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 10:26:16 AM »
Thanks Correy,

can I build my layout say in Dreamweaver and then import it into TD to fine tune it there after?

TIA

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 12:02:47 AM »
Technically, yes.  Realistically, anything you do in DreamWeaver will likely require some tuning once you import it into the TD.  And don't forget that the TD is basically stuck in IE 7 mode (unfortunately).  So keep that in mind.