Author Topic: Data Entry  (Read 3257 times)

AlienJ

• View Profile
Data Entry
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:50:36 AM »
Maybe i'm misisng it, but is there a way to just enter data to the program, say after the tournament is finished.  In running a bar league, its hard to sit at my laptop, watch the floor, ect. ect.
Players sign-in upon arrival.  there is my list of players.  Tournament rewards points, ect to the top ten players, who sign out upon finishing.

I don't see a way to go right to the end of the tournament, and pick who won/placed.   any help?

-aj

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Data Entry
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:30:43 PM »
What exactly are you trying to do?  I'm confused by your last statement: "I don't see a way to go right to the end of the tournament, and pick who won/placed."  This doesn't make any sense, as far as the TD is concerned.  Rankings are determined by when players bust out, so there is definitely no way to just assign rankings to players.

AlienJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 02:58:10 PM »
in my league, ranking is only measured by wins in a season, then by points, which are only awarded at the final table.
not by an individuals placement, other than final table.

basically, i don't take my laptop to the bars, i just have the players sign the clipboard, to sign in, and then the top ten are recorded, and awarded points..

skelly82

• Shark-stats admin
    • View Profile
    • Shark Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 09:52:10 AM »
Not to put you off TD but the solution you are looking for would be just to use a simple spreadsheet system. This would allow you to just put the top 10 in and then get it to calculate stats.

I use TD as the main part of my poker nights, recording KO's, timing the rounds, bounty prizes and then get it all in a monthly league. It is a lot of hard work and the admin can get a little crazy at times, but my customers get a lot out of knowing who is where and how they are doing week on week.

So its down to the TD really and the amount of depth they want to go.

If you need a spreadsheet just PM for details as I have an old one I can repackage.

Skelly
Shark-stats.co.uk online poker league management - no programming needed just great stats everytime

AlienJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 11:09:56 AM »
thats what i do know, and its a huge pain in the ass.
not to mention translating it to a web page.
thanks for your reply, tho.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 11:44:50 AM »
Frankly that's what the TD is for - it really isn't meant to be just a means to record results.  It *determines* results by how you bust players out.

So, if you want to use the TD in the same manner that you are today, you'll need to (after your tournament) buy players into your tournament within the TD, then bust them out in the order they busted out in the tournament.  Of course, the times won't be correct, but the ordering will be defined such that players rank correctly, points should be awarded appropriately, etc...

AlienJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:16:31 PM »
i understand, i guess i'm just looking for a level of detail between a laborious XLS sheet and TD.

Great prog, btw.  I run the website for Xtreme Poker Tour Lehigh Valley, and just started digging into TD.
XPT LV 

local nightly tournaments at bars, with monthly and seasonal main events.
Win during the month, and you automatically qualify for the monthly tournament, and the end of season tournament.
The owner uses TD for these tournaments.

Can TD automatically buy-in a player to a tournament by winning another tournament?

i know, i'm a noob, i have a million questions; should i keep them here, or start new topics?

How can i add the XPTiD (ID) column to the Add Players to Tournament pop-up?

thanks a million!