Author Topic: Posting league standings on main screen?  (Read 4405 times)

Zjorn

Posting league standings on main screen?
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:27:01 AM »
I run a small 10 person league and just started using TD. I would like to have the league standings show on the main layout and a pre-game layout. After reading some posts on here, I understand its possible using tokens and html files. I have followed the instructions listed but still can’t get them to show up. Can you give me an exact step by step instruction list? I’m missing something that’s most likely obvious to everyone.
Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Posting league standings on main screen?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 10:35:25 AM »
It's not that straightforward, unfortunately, so here's semi-detailed instructions for doing this:

• On the Stats tab, run your stats so you see the results you want to display in the Game window
  • Press the Export button, select Export to HTML, and press OK
  • Select the columns you want to see; if you want them to be the same as you see on the Stats tab, press the Current buttton; then press OK
  • Choose a filename to save the stats export; remember this filename and the folder in which it is saved
  • On the Layout tab, right-click a cell next to where you would like to insert the Stats and select "Insert cell above <cell>" (or below, or before, or after)
  • In the Insert Cell dialog, in the Copy section, select a cell that has similar properties to what you want the Stats to look like (colors, font, etc), enter a name for your new cell, then press the Copy Cell button
  • A new cell should be inserted.  Double-click the cell to edit it
  • In the HTML input, enter the following:

<iframe src="<path-to-your-saved-stats-export-file>" frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>

(Replace <path-to-your-saved-stats-export-file> with the path and filename of the saved stats export file.)

• For each of the tabs Odd Rounds, Even Rounds, and Breaks (if they exist), replace the HTML with the above
  • Save your layout so you can easily do it again

Something will probably go wrong alone the way so come back if it doesn't work and we'll work through it.

Zjorn

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 12:27:28 AM »
After some trial and error, I was able to get the html file to show up in the box. Now the issue is it only shows the top 1/3 of the file. I changed the scroll to yes and it gave a scroll bar (not what I need). I tried this in the players, rules, and other boxes to see where I could get the whole thing to show. After resizing some of the cells, the image did not change. only increased the empty space  under the image. Here is the path I entered in the html dialogue box. I’m almost there.

<iframe src="C:\Users\Bunzies\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\league standings 081610.html" frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:31:52 AM »
I figure you can do one of two things: (1) change the font size in the exported HTML file; or (2) set the height and width attributes of the <iframe> so that it doesn't chop off part of your list.  (2) is the easiest, so here's how to do that:

<iframe src="C:\Users\Bunzies\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\league standings 081610.html" frameborder=0 scrolling=no height=500 width=600></iframe>

You'll probably want to adjust the height and width values.

Zjorn

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 12:21:14 AM »
I got it!
Thanks

D71J

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 02:25:07 PM »
Hey Corey,

I've been trying to do the same thing but there seems to be a problem with displaying the html-page.
The only thing I get displayed in my cell, is the same page you get when a browser cannot display a webpage:
"this webpage cannot be displayed", please check if your computer is connected to the internet.
I followed every step you said and can find nothing wrong with the code. What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

Dave

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »
Most likely the path to your export stats file isn't specified correctly.  In my first example:

<iframe src="C:\Users\Bunzies\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\league standings 081610.html" frameborder=0 scrolling=no height=500 width=600></iframe>

The path to your exported stats file should replace

C:\Users\Bunzies\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\league standings 081610.html

Whatever the path is that you replace the above path with, you should be able to copy it and paste it into the "Location" bar in Windows Explorer (or Internet Explorer) and see your stats page.  Otherwise, your path is probably incorrect.

D71J

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 02:34:24 PM »
I pasted my path into my browser and it gets displayed as it should. Strange it doesn't work in TD2.
Any suggestions?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
What is the path?

D71J

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 02:44:08 PM »
This is the code in the HTML-section of the cell: <iframe src="<C:\Users\Dave\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\stats\league_17_09_2010.html>" frameborder=0 scrolling=no width=700 height=500></iframe>

D71J

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 02:46:27 PM »
I don't know if this is important but I'm doing al of this in a new screen with a background and a new cell I named "stats".
I have attached a screenshot with what gets displayed.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:49:10 PM by D71J »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »
Take out the extraneous <>:

Code: [Select]
<iframe src="<C:\Users\Dave\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\stats\league_17_09_2010.html>" frameborder=0 scrolling=no width=700 height=500></iframe>
             ^                                                                                         ^

To:

Code: [Select]
<iframe src="C:\Users\Dave\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\stats\league_17_09_2010.html" frameborder=0 scrolling=no width=700 height=500></iframe>

D71J

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 02:51:01 PM »
Thank you very much, Corey. How stupid can I be that didn't see that?
Works fine now.

Best regards,

Dave

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »
Sometimes we've looked at something too long and just can't see what's right before our eyes.  Happens all the time to me.

D71J

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 03:06:57 PM »
It is possible to put scrolling on the iframe, but I wonder if it is also possible to make it auto scroll like on the player rankingsscreen?
Or does this always happen auto if the list gets to long to fit the cell?